new event for contact

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
unitedtherapy

new event for contact

Post by unitedtherapy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:08 pm

wen we put a new event for contact on the calendar VueMinder Ultimate creates a new calendar instead of useing the current calendar how do we fix this so that it will use the current calendar and will not create a new calendar wen we put a new event for contact on the calendar an less that is how VueMinder Ultimate works.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: new event for contact

Post by VueSoft » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi bestoftherapy, the behavior you're seeing should only happen if all your calendars are read-only. I can't think of any other explanation and I'm not seeing any problems when I test this feature.

Have you tried rebooting? If rebooting doesn't fix the problem, please open the Calendar Properties of each calendar and verify the calendar isn't read-only. The Calendar Properties can be opened by double-clicking the calendar’s name. Do you see a message near the bottom of the Calendar Properties window indicating the calendar is read-only and owned by a different account? If so, ask the calendar owner to give your account “Contributor” rights, so you can create shared events for contacts.

If you see a “Sync” tab on the Calendar Properties window instead of what is described above, click the Sync tab and look at the settings. It’s possible the calendar is configured to only sync 1-way from an external source, which would make it read-only locally. To fix the problem, change the sync direction to “2-way” and then click the OK button, or change the calendar to “Do not sync”.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

unitedtherapy

Re: new event for contact experiencing the same problem

Post by unitedtherapy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:15 pm

Dan,
There is no read only box in the calendar properties in Vueminder ultimate that we have for our current calendars which are unitedtherapy1@gmail.com and the united states holidays calendars that is listed on both of our computers.
So we went to the sync button in the calendar properties for each of our listed calendars on both of computers and checked the settings on both of our computers and we told Vueminder ultimate to not sync the New Calendar and we are still having the same problem despite following your instructions in the forum that you sent us.
Whenever we add a new event to our calendars on both of our computers or link a new event for any contact we have in Vueminder ultimate still continues to show a new event and then shows a new calendar as soon as the new event is created, this happens even if we don't link a contact on our calendars for both computers only when we add an event to the calendars on both of our computers.
Here is a screen capture of what we are currently seeing in Vueminder ultimate despite following your instructions Dan and rebooting Vueminder ultimate twice.
(Capture #1 is a new event current on both of our computers in Vueminder Ultimate.)
Capture #2 is New Calendar pic after following your instructions Dan.)
Stanley and Stephanie
Attachments
Capture #2.PNG
Capture #2.PNG (2.32 KiB) Viewed 5164 times
Capture #1.PNG
Capture #1.PNG (2.1 KiB) Viewed 5164 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:34 pm

Thank you for the information. I'll investigate further and will let you know when a correction is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

unitedtherapy

Post by unitedtherapy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Ok, Thank you Dan.
We will be waiting for your reply.
Stanley and Stephanie

unitedtherapy

Post by unitedtherapy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:02 pm

have you found a solution?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:06 pm

Sorry, I haven't been able to duplicate the problem yet. I'll keep you posted.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

unitedtherapy

Post by unitedtherapy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:33 pm

ok

unitedtherapy

Post by unitedtherapy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:55 pm

I found out what is causing the new calendar to appear if you connect it to google it does that but if you do not it does not do it I do not know y connicting it to google causes it to do that but maybe you can investigate and let me know y connecting it to google makes it do this I do not have it connected to google right now.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:41 pm

Thank you for the information. Is your Google Calendar read-only (e.g., synced 1-way from Google to VueMinder)? If so, you can't create events for a contact if the calendar is read-only. I'm guessing all your calendars are read-only in VueMinder. Try changing the sync direction to 2-way in the Calendar Properties. That should fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder