Copy+Paste into Event Description: Plain / Unformatted Text

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Bilbo

Copy+Paste into Event Description: Plain / Unformatted Text

Post by Bilbo » Thu May 03, 2018 5:19 pm

In the Event window's Description field, please add more usability / ease of use to the feature "Paste Plain Text".

The right-click / context menu should have a menu item named "Paste Plain Text", listed right underneath "Paste".

The standard keystroke for "Paste Unformatted Text" is Shift+Ctrl+V, but I see that keystroke is already allocated to the button "Paste from Word".
Is there a way to change the keystroke to fire off the Paste-Plain command? Regardless, there should be a keystroke for Plain-Paste - maybe Alt+Ctrl-V?

I don't know why pasting from Word should be any different from Paste (with formatting), but this is MS Word we're talking about, so all bets are off regarding standard use of the Windows Clipboard API.

Anyway, this feature is important for the use case where the formatted text is illegible when it is pasted into the Description field, such as when the font color is all-white, or is the same color as the Description's background.

The program history does not seem to mention this aspect of Pasting in any releases later than the one I'm using.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Copy+Paste into Event Description: Plain / Unformatted T

Post by VueSoft » Thu May 03, 2018 10:55 pm

Hi Bilbo, thank you for the feedback. I'll update the context menu to include an option for pasting plain text and I'll give that command a shortcut key. I'll post a reply when these improvements are completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Copy+Paste into Event Description: Plain / Unformatted T

Post by VueSoft » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:48 pm

Version 2018.02 is now available. This version adds a "Paste as Plain Text" context menu command, as well as a Ctrl+P keyboard shortcut. To update, click the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA