Work hours through midnight and reminders of same type

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Paul

Work hours through midnight and reminders of same type

Post by Paul » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi:

I just downloaded the VueMinder Ultimate evaluation. First, I work third shift from 11:45p at night to 8:15a in the morning. VueMinder's not allowing me to put in a Work Start time of 11:45p and Work End time of 8:15a. I'm guessing that VueMinder is programmed with the assumption that Work Start time on any particular day must be before the Work End time for that day. Is there some workaround for this?

Second, in setting reminders, can you set more than one reminder of the same kind of a task or event? Say if I want several desktop alerts for a particular task or event? If yes, how do I do this?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul

Re: Work hours through midnight and reminders of same type

Post by Paul » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:12 am

Hello all:

I believed I've now figured out that you can run one program (or, open file or webpage), have up to 2 pop up reminders or desktop alerts (2 if the event or task has a Start and End date), and an unlimited number of emails, SMSs, and voice reminders. I suppose you could link other events or tasks which could essentially increase the number pop up reminders or desktop alerts.

Perhaps you could also you could also run Powershell and/or Schtasks, but Task Manager doesn't inherently support pop up messages or emails anymore. Z-cron does, but you need to register in order to send emails. So, you could run a script to run Task Manager or Z-cron task(s).

Tell me if I've got something wrong, but this is what it looks like to me at this time.

As far as the work hours through midnight, I haven't clarified that nor found any workaround. I still can't seem to find any way to do it.

Thanks,

Paul

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Work hours through midnight and reminders of same type

Post by VueSoft » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:02 pm

Tell me if I've got something wrong, but this is what it looks like to me at this time.
Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. Yes, your understanding is correct. An event or task can have up to 2 popup reminders, 2 desktop alerts, and any number of email, SMS, or voice phone call reminders. The popup reminders and desktop alerts can be "snoozed" when the appear, so they'll re-appear after a specified amount of time. You can also configure an external application or script to run when an event or task's start time is reached.
As far as the work hours through midnight, I haven't clarified that nor found any workaround. I still can't seem to find any way to do it.
The work hours are used for determining which range of time-slots should be shaded (as non-working hours) in the Day and Week views. The start time for the working hours is also sometimes used as the default starting time when creating a new event. I'll see if I can improve the way the work hours are specified so they can span days. In the meantime, maybe you could set the start time to 12am (even if that's technically 15 minutes after you start) and the end time to 8:15am. This would at least get the timeslot shading pretty close to your work hours.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA