Stopped syncing with MYSQL after storms

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
lsdfr

Stopped syncing with MYSQL after storms

Post by lsdfr » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:06 am

HI

I have 2 computers both running Ultimate V2018.01 and have been syncing with a MYSQL (FreeNAS Jailed) server for at least a year now, no problems.

Had to shut down all computers and freenas server due to some heavy thunder storms last week (7,000 lightning strikes in one night in out reign).
After the storms I powered up the computers but left the freenas off as there were some more storms due and the NAS server sits in my workshop outside so a pain to just switch back on.
Now I know the 2 calendars would not sync but I thought not a problem, after I power up the NAS everything will sync - :lol:

Powered up the NAS a couple of days ago and both calendars did not sync and the desktop (full) calendars on BOTH pc's showed Server offline.
Click on the bottom right - RED server offline and a window comes up - "unable to connect, A problem occurred while attempting ...etc - Invalid field in source data:0"

Under sharing - press test connection and both say connect OK

Did not have time till today to look deeper but now one PC "appears" to be connecting (I've not done anything) but the other still no go
Tried restarting the MYSQL server and the whole NAS server and no change
I can use HeidiSQL to talk to the MYSQL server OK and see the various tables
(BTW should the transactions be cleared (1,318 Rows - 192KB) Timestamp from 15/8/2017 to 13/01/2018

On both PC's under sharing, the view log and sync now buttons appear to do nothing - I wish there was some more information displayed, especially when hitting the manual sync now button
Can't find any log files in Vueminder program files folders

Help please as I now have 2 calendars that are out of sync

Leigh

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Stopped syncing with MYSQL after storms

Post by VueSoft » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi Leigh, it sounds like the MySQL Server database has become corrupted. Please follow these steps to fix the problem:

1. Exit VueMinder on all computers by right-clicking the icon in the task tray and selecting “Exit”.
2. Open MySQL Workbench and connect to the server.
3. In the Navigator, right-click the “vueminder” schema and select “Drop Schema” from the popup menu. This will delete any previously shared calendars from the server.
4. Restart VueMinder on all computers.
5. On all computers except one, delete the calendars that were shared. Make sure these calendars still exist on one of your computers.
6. On the computer where the calendars were not deleted, open the Calendar Properties and select “Do not sync” on the Sync tab.
7. Open the Sharing Options on each computer. Clear the host name, username, and password. Click OK.
8. Re-open the Sharing Options and re-enter the connection information.
9. On the computer where your calendars were not deleted, open the Calendar Properties again and re-enable sharing with VueMinder on other computers, via the Sync tab.
10. The shared calendars should automatically appear on your other computers.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

lsdfr

Post by lsdfr » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:05 am

Thanks Dan

Had to stop sharing on the "master" pc then the other PC shared calendars automatically removed themselves
Also had to delete the MYSQL vueminder database about 6 time but got there in the end, with a few duplicated entries but easy to clean up

Same problem as before with users not being created automatically as per
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... 2123#p8496
but manually added again

FYI Under options/sharing - the "view log" button does nothing as does the "sync now" :?:

Leigh

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:30 pm

FYI Under options/sharing - the "view log" button does nothing as does the "sync now"
Clicking the "View Log" button should open a log in Notepad. I'm not sure why nothing happens when you click the button. I haven't been able to replicate the problem.

Clicking the "Sync Now" button will force a sync to occur, in the rare case where syncing didn't automatically happen. If all the changes have already automatically synced (which should normally be the case), then clicking "Sync Now" will appear to have no effect because there isn't anything to actually sync. I'll improve this button to provide an indication that syncing has completed or wasn't necessary.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Version 2018.02 improves the "Sync Now" button to provide a message, instead of appearing to do nothing. To update, click the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command.
Dan Chartrand, Founder