VueMinder, MySQL and MS Access

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Phk15

VueMinder, MySQL and MS Access

Post by Phk15 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:59 pm

I was wondering if it is possible to add, modify, delete by manipulating the MySQL server tables with MS Access.

I have 2 computers that share calendars using the share to other computers option and MySQL server installed in one of the computers
I have a MS Access database with a linked table( using ODBC) in which i can see any changes made to events(add, modify, delete) if the changes are made in the VueMinder.
The problem is that when I modify the data in the linked table nothing changes in VueMinder.
I want to have a form in MS Access that customers can use to create appointments without them seeing the all my other events on VueMinder

Please Help!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder, MySQL and MS Access

Post by VueSoft » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi Phk15, welcome to the forums. VueMinder wasn't really designed to work this way. There are other tables and fields in the MySQL Server database that VueMinder relies on for proper syncing, such as the "Transactions" table. Also, some of the event data is encoded in binary data within the Events table (for improved performance).

It's possible I could develop a custom solution for you. I could write a tool that reads your access database and generates an iCalendar file, which VueMinder subscribes to. When the iCalendar file is updated, VueMinder will automatically refresh to show the latest events. Would something like that that work? If so, please contact me at support@vueminder.com so we can work out the details.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA