Got My SQL Server on main computer

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
unitedtherapy

Got My SQL Server on main computer

Post by unitedtherapy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:10 pm

Subject: Got My SQL Server successfully connected on the main computer but when I went to create a second user on MySQL Workbench for MySQL connections but when I went over to the second computer to share vueminder to computers and enter the user information for the second user and it will not connect to MySQL database on the second computer, do I have to install the MySQL installer on to the second computer as well?
Also, when I click on the second user in the welcome to my workbench it acts like tis connecting and then I get an error with a gray window that looks like this...
Attachments
My SQL Workbench Database Connection error for user steph 3081.PNG
My SQL Workbench Database Connection error for user steph 3081.PNG (41.99 KiB) Viewed 16223 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Got My SQL Server on main computer

Post by VueSoft » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:05 pm

Hi bestoftherapy, you don't need to install MySQL Server on your second computer. You should only have one instance of MySQL Server running, which each computer connects to.

Based on the error message, it appears you entered the wrong computer name when attempting to connect to MySQL Server. Please confirm the name of the computer where you installed MySQL Server is "steph3081". You can find the computer name in the Control Panel, under "Control Panel\System and Security\System".
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

unitedtherapy

Post by unitedtherapy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:29 pm

I put the right name into the My SQL database for the second computer.
And if I go into the My SQL Database on my computer and use the username and password to the 2nd computer it will log in but on the 2nd computer it will not log in through View Minder Ultimate.
I have attached a screen shot of what I am seeing for an error message on the 2nd computer below this message.
Attachments
Eror message on second computer.PNG
Eror message on second computer.PNG (10.16 KiB) Viewed 16164 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:31 pm

Hi bestoftherapy, the problem you're seeing is usually caused by a firewall that is blocking port 3306 of the computer where MySQL Server was installed. Please see the page linked below for instructions:
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php#troubleshooting
Dan Chartrand, Founder

unitedtherapy

Post by unitedtherapy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:29 pm

After I reinstalled Vueminder,
My firewall on Norton Security Suite came up and said that Vueminder Ultimate does not have a valid digital signature what does this mean?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:14 pm

I'm not sure why Norton doesn't recognize the digital signature on VueMinder. It's signed with a Digicert certificate, which is a valid Microsoft Authenticode certificate. The page linked below provides more detail about the code signing certificate that is used:
https://www.digicert.com/code-signing/
Dan Chartrand, Founder

unitedtherapy

Post by unitedtherapy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Quick Question:
When creating Stephanie a connection on MY SQL,
Do you want me to use my computer name where my SQL was installed or do you want me to use Stephanie's computer name?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:25 pm

The host name should be the name of the computer where MySQL Server was installed. All VueMinder installations should point to the same host name.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

unitedtherapy

Stephanie's Username and Password and Other Questions

Post by unitedtherapy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:58 pm

What is Stephanie's Username and Password supposed to be if I used the same host name when I created her a connection on the My SQL Database?
Does her username have to be different from mine when sharing my calendar with her?
If so, how do I create her a username and password on My SQL considering I have already created her a connection?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:51 pm

Did you create a MySQL Server account for Stephanie when you installed MySQL Server? See step 2-18 in the instructions:
http://www.vueminder.com/blog/post/how- ... d-contacts

If you skipped that step, you can create an account for Stephanie through MySQL Workbench.
Dan Chartrand, Founder