Desktop calendar won't move...

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
liddleone

Desktop calendar won't move...

Post by liddleone » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:38 am

The desktop calendar itself is fully functional except somehow the whole right side on the calendar is off the screen and I cant select the move option or the close tab. Any idea how to move the desktop calendar back over or reset it to the middle screen position?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Desktop calendar won't move...

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:10 am

Hi liddleone, to reset the desktop calendar location, try exiting and restarting the program. If that still doesn’t help, go to the Program Options window and make a note of the data folder location. Exit the program and then browse to the data folder. You should see a file named "ProgramSettings.xml". This file contains the desktop calendar location. You can delete this file to reset the desktop calendar to its original location and size.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

liddleone

Post by liddleone » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:40 pm

I did this and it reset the position of the months etc. but not the actual desktop location and I still can not see the move tab. Anymore ideas please? I love using this but will have to stop if I can only see half the calendar :|

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:59 pm

Do you know what screen resolution you're using? It's possible your resolution is set too low for the desktop calendar to be fully displayed. The default desktop calendar size is 1000 pixels wide by 600 pixels high. If your resolution is less than this, like 800 x 600, that might explain why you're not seeing the full calendar.

Have you tried increasing your screen resolution? If your video card allows it, you could temporarily increase the resolution so it's wider than 1000 pixels. After adjusting the resolution, you may need to close and restart VueMinder Calendar. If there's enough screen space, then you should see the full desktop calendar. You can then click the "Move/Resize" button, and move it to the upper left corner of your screen. Also make it smaller, so when you return to your previous resolution, the full calendar will still appear.

If temporarily chaning your monitor's resolution won't work, try downloading the attached file and replace your existing ProgramSettings.xml file with this one...
ProgramSettings.xml
Replace the current ProgramSettings.xml This file will correct the desktop calendar to fully display when using a resolution of 800x600.
(5.8 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
I hope that helps! I'll fix the next version to automatically decrease the desktop calendar's default size when using a resolution less than 1000 pixels wide.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

liddleone

Post by liddleone » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:37 pm

My resolution is 180 x 800...

Down loaded the file and put it in the folder.... its still stuck to the right of the screen :!: Do you think its stuck on dock since i can't move it? could I change any of the coding to make it move back or make it smaller temporarily? I have a bunch of stuff saved in this calendar and really dont want to lose all my info!!!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Did you mean 1800 x 800? Or are you really using 180 x 800? If so, I'm not sure if you can make the desktop calendar narrow enough to fit. The ProgramSettings.xml file linked above needs 800 x 600 or larger. I've updated the file to fit on a 180 x 800 display, but that's crazy small...

Please try this:
1. Exit the program by right-clicking the task tray icon and selecting 'Exit'. This is very important - if you skip closing down the program you won't see any difference.
2. Replace your 'ProgramSettings.xml' file with the one linked below.
3. Start the program again.
ProgramSettings.xml
Updated to fit on a 180 x 800 display. That resolution makes pandas cry.
(5.79 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
You should see some kind of difference! :?

Regardless, your data is safe. The desktop calendar is an optional method of viewing your calendar. The real meat of the program is in the main window, which can be accessed by double-clicking the task tray icon. The main window will show all your events, and has different modes, like a "Day" view, that would fit much better in the screen resolution you're using. If the desktop calendar won't fit on your display, you can turn it off by right-clicking the task tray icon and unchecking the "Desktop Calendar" option.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

liddleone

Post by liddleone » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:44 pm

I did mean 1800.... I exited using the right-clicking the task tray icon this time and downloaded the first attachment and it worked perfect! THANK YOU for the time and effort you you put into helping me figure this out! ;)

AUserInEssex

Post by AUserInEssex » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Just to say: I'm using the latest build (as of 10 Feb. 2013) and I had this problem too; but deleting the settings file fixed the problem.