HTML code automatically wraps Event Description Plain Text

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ksee

HTML code automatically wraps Event Description Plain Text

Post by ksee » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:39 am

Hi, I don't know if this has been covered previously, I couldn't find anything.

The problem is that when I create a new Event and open the 'Plain Text' field, HTML code is already in place. Fair enough, but if I then delete this code and add my own text to the 'Plain Text' field then save the Event, when I reopen it the Description defaults back to the 'Formatted Text' field, showing the text I just entered. And if I then select 'Plain Text' again to do some editing, HTML code has been inserted wrapping my original text entry. That means the 'Plain Text' field is actually more of an HTML Editor, as everything defaults to and gets corrected to HTML?

I'm not sure if this is correct, as it does seem to negate the point of having a 'Plain Text' field at all. The online Help for the Text Editor seems to imply that I should be able to simply use plain text in my descriptions:

'If you prefer plain text, or if you're an advanced user and would like to edit using HTML, you can click the "Plain Text" tab at the bottom of the editor. Any changes made on this tab will be reflected on the Formatted Text tab, and vice versa...'

I'm not sure why would I want to manually edit an Event description's HTML, but surely if I want to just use plain text in my Event descriptions as a distinct choice, which I do, then I should be able to do this?

Could someone please clarify on this a bit...

Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: HTML code automatically wraps Event Description Plain Te

Post by VueSoft » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi ksee, thank you for the feedback. When text is entered on the "Plain Text" tab and the event is saved, the text is stored in the event as plain text without any HTML tags, despite what you see after re-opening the event and switching the editor to plain text mode again. None of those HTML tags are actually stored in the event description.

I'll work on fixing this so the plain text mode will accurately show what is actually stored in the event when the editor is re-opened. I'll post a reply when this correction is completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ksee

Post by ksee » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:06 am

That's fine Dan, thanks for explaining that. I'll await the fix...

Regards

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:50 pm

The text editor has been improved in version 2016.05 to show the previously entered plain text, without any additional HTML tags. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA