Desktop Shortcut

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
tacchan23

Desktop Shortcut

Post by tacchan23 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:09 am

After updating to latest version of VueMinder, the Desktop Shortcut isn't working properly anymore. On the first click it shows the desktop, but on second click it does not restore the previous active window.
Hope this can be fixed soon, this problem is killing me at the moment.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Desktop Shortcut

Post by VueSoft » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi tacchan23, can you clarify? Are you referring to the shortcut link on the desktop? Double-clicking the shortcut link should show the main VueMinder window. Clicking the shortcut link again (when the VueMinder window is already displayed) shouldn't do anything. This is how it has always worked (at least on every computer I've tested), so I'm a bit confused by your message.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

tacchan23

Post by tacchan23 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:06 pm

I am sorry, I now realize I worded the problem quite badly.
I was talking about the Shortcut to Desktop on the Windows taskbar (or the Win+D key combination)

Usually when you click the shortcut on the taskbar (or the Win+D key combination) the Dekstop will be displayed. Then clicking it again it will go back to the original window previously displayed.
But when VueMinder is running the second part isn't happening (no effect at all when clicking the shortcut or Win+D the second time)

Maybe I was wrong about this being a problem of latest VueMinder version. Maybe it stared with one of latest Windows 10 updates.

Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:11 pm

Thank you for clarifying. I'm seeing this on Windows 10 as well. I'll investigate further and I'll post a reply when a correction is available - assuming this is something I can fix and not a Windows bug.

In the meantime, you should be able to work around the problem by defining a hotkey combination to show the desktop calendar (such as Ctrl+Shift+D) via the "Options -> Hotkeys" menu command in VueMinder. The hotkey will work regardless of which window is active, and pressing the hotkey again should restore the previously active window.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

tacchan23

Post by tacchan23 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:48 am

Thanks a lot for the reply :)
I hope it's something you can fix and not a Windows 10 bug (which most likely Microsoft will ignore)

About you suggestion, it is working fine. But in general I prefer not to use the desktop calendar so at the moment I turn off VueMinder and will wait to see if a fix is possible^^