ViewMinder Pro constantly crashing after 2016.02 Update

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
PeterW

ViewMinder Pro constantly crashing after 2016.02 Update

Post by PeterW » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:05 pm

Hi Dan, I hope you can shed some light on this issue I have started having with ViewMinder.
Earlier versions of ViewMinder have been totally stable until I updated to 2016.02.
While in the Month calendar view, I have been getting constant Fatal-Non-UI errors, resulting in Win 7 telling me that VueMinder has stopped working and closes the application.
All data is often lost and I have to restore from the most recent back up to use the calendar once again .
The application has also become extremely sluggish with long lags to copy or write events.
My data file size does not appear to be abnormally large.
One of the error windows tells me that it seems to be occurring when trying to write a back up.
I have already updated to .NET Framework 4.6.1 with no improvement.
No other application is showing any instability.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit. 32GB RAM Intel i7 3.5GHz

Rgds Peter
Attachments
ViewMinder Fatal Non-UI Error.JPG
ViewMinder Fatal Non-UI Error.JPG (19.69 KiB) Viewed 5517 times
Fatal Error VueMinder OutOfMemory.jpeg
Fatal Error VueMinder OutOfMemory.jpeg (726.87 KiB) Viewed 5517 times
Error Exception System OutOfMemoryException VueMinder Pro.JPG
Error Exception System OutOfMemoryException VueMinder Pro.JPG (24.63 KiB) Viewed 5517 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: ViewMinder Pro constantly crashing after 2016.02 Update

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:57 am

Hi Peter, thank you for the information. So far, I haven't been able to replicate the problem on any of my test computers. I'm going to let VueMinder run continuously over the weekend to see if I can eventually get the error message.

If possible, could you send your most recent backup file to support@vueminder.com? It's possible there's something in the file or settings which is triggering the problem, and this would help me track it down more quickly. All data will be kept strictly confidential and will be removed from my computer as soon as I've finished.

Assuming I can find what is causing the problem, I'll work on fixing it as soon as possible and I'll post a reply when the next version is available to download. In the meantime, you can use the Control Panel to uninstall VueMinder v2016.02 and then reinstall v11.3.1 by using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... 11.3.1.exe
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Fernando

Re: ViewMinder Pro constantly crashing after 2016.02 Update

Post by Fernando » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi,

I had the same problem with this version, 2016.02, so uninstalled it and reinstalled the previous one, 2016.01. This way Vueminder was running fine. The other day to my surprise, after updating Win 7 Pro to Service Pack 1 and some other updates from Microsoft, Vueminder began crashing again. Useless. Today, unsure as to what to do, I then uninstalled v. 2016.01 and reinstalled that (to me ) problematic v. 2016.02. Vueminder again is running fine.

Just in case it may help (or not, who knows).

Fernando