Bugs in 2016.02?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
SLOGoing

Re: Bugs in 2016.02?

Post by SLOGoing » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi, this is SLOGoing (I'm the one with the text to speech error). I actually installed .NET 4.6.1 when I got the error, are you suggesting that I go back and install 4.6 as well?

Regarding additional speech software, I do have Dragon Naturally on this machine and use it quite a bit, so unfortunately I won't be able to uninstall it.

I don't really mind not being able to use voice reminders, but the fact that this error prevents me from being able to get email reminders, etc. is a bit of a problem. Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait until you've got a fix for this. It's been great software up to this point, so I can't complain too much and I'll just have to wait and hope your next update is soon and that it corrects this issue.

Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:12 am

Hi SLOGoing, if you already have .NET Framework 4.6.1 installed then you're set. There's no need to install .NET Framework 4.6. You might be able to fix the problem by repairing your Windows installation. This should cause the Windows TTS libraries to be re-registered.

I'll post a reply as soon as the next version is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:01 pm

Version 2016.03 is now available. This version will still enable the Options window to open when TTS software has been installed which conflicts with VueMinder's usage of the default Microsoft TTS voices that are included with standard Windows installations. Voice reminders might not work, but you'll at least be able to access the options without getting an error message.

To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA