Configuration lost on new Win 10 computer

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ericrep

Configuration lost on new Win 10 computer

Post by ericrep » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:25 pm

Dan -

I just purchased a new Dell desktop computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. I copied the VueMinder data folder from my old computer, installed VueMinder, and pointed it to the data folder. It automatically added all of my Google-sync'd calendars and then I manually configured the View and Options settings to match my other computers.

That all worked well for a couple days, but then today VueMinder has lost track of the configuration twice when I restarted the computer. It's set to automatically open when Windows starts. Both times I got the transparent desktop calendar with the Welcome to the VueMinder Configuration Wizard screen on top. I clicked Finish, closed the desktop calendar and opened the regular view.

All of my calendars and events were still there but all of the View and Options settings were reset to their defaults, including the data folder.

Any suggestions as to what's causing this and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
Eric

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Configuration lost on new Win 10 computer

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:26 pm

Hi Eric, I'm not sure why the configuration isn't being saved. My guess is that there's something going on with the folder where VueMinder has been configured to save its data and settings. Try opening changing the data folder (in the Program Options) to somewhere else, such as a folder under "Documents".

If that doesn't fix it, there might be something wrong with the VueMinder installation. Use the Control Panel to uninstall VueMinder (this won't remove any data) and then use the link below to download/reinstall:
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA