Updating versions

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
rgrommel

Updating versions

Post by rgrommel » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi,
I have Viewminder Pro v8.4.1 but would like to upgrade - I can find options for purchasing the versions or renewing the versions but not for going from one version to another. Are there any options for this outside of just purchasing Ultimate as a new software (I'd also like to keep my current calendar entries)?

Thanks,
Robert Rommel

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Updating versions

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi Robert, welcome to the forums. If you were to renew your update protection, you would be able to update to the latest version (2016.00). There's no need to re-purchase a license. Update protection can be renewed at any time and provides access to the latest version. You can renew update protection on VueMinder Pro by using the link below:
http://sites.fastspring.com/vuesoft/pro ... protection

Your data should also automatically transfer to the latest version, but you might want to use the "Backup Data" or "Export" commands on the File menu prior to updating, just in case.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

rgrommel

Post by rgrommel » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:08 pm

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear with what I'm looking to do. I have Pro now. What I would like to do is to update but to the latest Ultimate rather than Pro.

Thanks,
Robert

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi Robert, thanks for clarifying. Since you previously purchased a Pro license, there's a discount on upgrading to the latest Ultimate version. I've sent you an email containing a link to the discount. After purchasing the Ultimate version, it will install on top of the Pro version. All your data should be preserved, but I'd recommend backing up your data first, just in case.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA