Moving furniture

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
SimonH

Moving furniture

Post by SimonH » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:18 pm

I've just upgraded from the previous V11.x to 2016.00 (so can't check if this occurred in the previous version). My issue is that the VueMinder panel furniture (that is, the stuff like the day/month change arrows, zoom +/-, month names, etc) moves around depending on what month is displayed.

The issue can be best seen on the month view: use the mouse scrollwheel to move up or down a week at a time, and as the date text changes (say, from "July 2015" to "July - August 2015" the furniture to the right moves further over and, if the VueMinder window is not too big, wraps to the next line. Or unwraps if it moves left. That causes the data display to move up and down to fill the gap (or make space) of the furniture moving.

It is very disconcerting because one loses track of what one is looking at. It's as if a different display has suddenly been selected. I think the furniture should be locked in place, either truncating changing text if it gets to big, allowing for the maximum size, or putting the variable size stuff on a line by itself.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Moving furniture

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi Simon, thanks for the feedback. It sounds like you're either running at a low resolution or the VueMinder window hasn't been maximized. On most displays, there should be a lot of horizontal space between the current date label of the left and the "Today" and "Settings" buttons on the right.

Unfortunately, when there's limited space the buttons on the right will wrap to the next line, which results in the behavior you're seeing. There's currently no mechanism to prevent this from happening. However, the following tips might help:
  • Maximize the VueMinder window.
  • Resize the panels on the left side of the window by clicking and dragging the border bar to the left.
  • If you need more space, you can minimize the panels to a tab. Click the "Show Dockable Pane Titles" option on the Window menu. The panel caption bars will appear. Click the pin button on the right side of each caption bar to minimize the panels. If you hover over a tab, the panels will reappear. Note, the font color of the panel tabs is white and hard to see in version 2016.00. I'll fix this in the next release.
  • You can also hide the panels by unchecking the "Navigation Pane", "Calendar Items", and "Details Pane" options on the View menu. Minimizing or hiding the panels will allow more space for the navigation bar and decrease the likelihood of the buttons wrapping to a new row.
I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA