Updates

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Kwinz

Updates

Post by Kwinz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:02 am

Hi.
I purchased VueMinder version 7.4.0 years ago but didn't get the limetime updates. Can I purchase just the lifetime upgrade package now, or do I need to purchase Vueminder again as well as the upgrade package?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Updates

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:39 am

Hi Kwinz, you can renew update protection or purchase lifetime updates at any time. There's no need to re-purchase a license. You can use the links below to purchase lifetime updates, depending on whether you have the Pro or Ultimate version:

VueMinder Pro Lifetime Updates
VueMinder Ultimate Lifetime Updates

If you no longer have your license installer, after renewing your update protection, you can send an email to support@vueminder.com to get a license installer for the latest version.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Kwinz

Post by Kwinz » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I have purchased a limetime upgrade license. I had version 11.3.0 installed on my Windows 10 desktop with no issues (trial from website). I purchased the lifetime upgrades today so I uninstalled the 11.3.0 trial and attempted to install my full version (7.4.0) so I can apply the upgrade code to it, but it won't open on my new Windows 10.

A fatal error occurred. VueMinder Calendar is unable to continue. ......
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.Program.Main(String[] args)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi Kwinz, thank you for purchasing lifetime updates. I've sent you an email containing a link to download your license installer for the latest version. Please let me know if you didn't receive the email. It might have been blocked by a spam filter.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Kwinz

Post by Kwinz » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:49 pm

Got it. Thanks for the quick response.

Bilbo

Post by Bilbo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:01 am

Different issue: The 2016 installer deletes the previous version, even if they are installed into separate directories. I wanted to run both on the same PC (not at the same time) to test out the new UI, and switch back easily if needed. The first config step I do is set the theme to Old School. It's better than the default, but not as easy as 11.3.1. Is there a way to side-by-side this? I imagine virtual machines would be useful for testing various version combinations of VM and Windows.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Hi Bilbo, unfortunately there's no way to install or run multiple versions of VueMinder side-by-side on the same computer, other than by running multiple virtual machines (such as VMware or VirtualBox).
Dan Chartrand, Founder