How to put Vueminder Pro in two PCs?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
GustX

How to put Vueminder Pro in two PCs?

Post by GustX » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:51 pm

Just got a new laptop and want to put Vueminder pro on it but I bought it on my old one b4 purchase it said it allowed more users

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: How to put Vueminder Pro in two PCs?

Post by VueSoft » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:02 am

Hi GustX, welcome to the forums. A single user license can be installed on any number of computers where you, or a family member living in the same residence, will be the only user. I've sent you an email with instructions on how to register your license on your new laptop. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

jiranz1

Post by jiranz1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:14 pm

Hi,
I've just downloaded Vueminder Pro to trial. Similarily interested in connecting to two PC,s (specifically PC and laptop).
Is it possible to share via dropbox equivalent (sync back to PC while travelling home), or is a mysql connection better and is this achievable for single person use? My home PC can act as a server and I wouldn't mind my wife seeing what I was up to while I was away.

I would have looked at USB version but seems to be no download for this.
Thanks,
Lyndon

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi jiranz1, welcome to the forums. The USB version can run directly from DropBox, so you'd see the same data regardless of the computer you're using. However, you'd only be able to run VueMinder on one computer at a time. The rest of the functionality matches the trial version.

For simultaneous access on multiple computers, you could configure VueMinder to sync with Google Calendar or use MySQL Server. The Google Calendar option works best if you're away from your home network or if you'd also like to sync with a smartphone. The MySQL Server option works best if you just need to sync calendars over your local network.

To add an existing calendar from VueMinder to your Google Calendar account, open the Calendar Properties in VueMinder (double-click the calendar's name) and check the "Sync with Google Calendar" box on the Sync tab. The calendar will be added to your Google account and can be shared with other Google accounts. To sync the calendar with VueMinder on a different computer, use the "File -> Add Calendar ->Add Google Calendar" menu command to add the calendar.

If you prefer sync through use MySQL Server, instructions can be found on the page linked below. MySQL Server is very light-weight. It can run on the same computer where VueMinder is also running. You shouldn't notice any performance difference when MySQL Server is running.
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

jiranz1

Post by jiranz1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:24 pm

Thanks Dan for your patience in replying, as I since found this topic is a FAQ!
Will syncing through Google pass all information, tasks, subtask hierarchy, contacts, linked files, notes, and retain all links? This isn't clear on the FAQ.

Thanks,
Lyndon

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi Lyndon, you can also sync tasks, subtasks, and contacts with Google. Links to files that are in a shared location (like Dropbox) will sync, if my memory serves. Also, links with other tasks and contacts will sync. However, Google Calendar doesn't have a concept for "notes", so notes and links to notes won't sync.

If you use MySQL Server along with VueMinder Ultimate (not Pro), then all data and links will sync, including notes.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder