Trouble Syncing [still] and Google Voice Question?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
usmadvising

Trouble Syncing [still] and Google Voice Question?

Post by usmadvising » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi there. We're an office using VueMinder Pro Site and we've had a few issues that are recurring, but mainly:

Vueminder not Syncing [or not totally syncing] with our Google Calendars. We've added/ deleted calendars, reset the information, reinstalled vueminder, etc and we're still having trouble getting Vueminder to totally sync our events. We've also checked and made sure every computer was up to date microsoft update wise. Everything on the google calendar side is there [so there's not deleted events due to this issue or anything like that].

Due to the nature of our work, we cannot share our calendars so I understand this may just be something we'll have to hope will "work out" on its own.

We've also had duplicating event issues, but that has subsided [mostly] and i believe it's because most of our programs we've switched to one-way syncing with google calendar. However, that sort of defeats the purpose of us using vueminder pro instead of the lite version for us. I'm going to attempt to have everyone switch that back on and hope for the best, but in a busy office it can be a problem if these issues happen.

Just a final question-- and this isn't an issue, just a question-- can you utilize a google voice number to send out text message reminders in VueMinder Pro? And if so, how could you configure it?

Thank you.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Trouble Syncing [still] and Google Voice Question?

Post by VueSoft » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:30 pm

Hi usmadvising, welcome to the forums. I'm not sure why you're seeing duplicate events when syncing with Google Calendar. There are a number of safeguards in VueMinder which should prevent this from happening. It sounds like those safeguards aren't working, for some reason. I'll investigate further.

In the meantime, try unchecking the "Sync automatically" checkbox in the Calendar Properties. This will prevent VueMinder from syncing automatically every time there's a change on one of your computers, which should (in theory) drastically reduce the chances of weird simultaneous sync problems resulting in duplicate events. You can manually sync the calendar as needed by pressing Ctrl+F5.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

usmadvising

Post by usmadvising » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:56 am

thank you-- we will try and follow up. If you find anything out, let us know.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:32 pm

Hi usmadvising, I believe I've found what was causing the problem (it's a multi-threading issue, in case you are curious). A correction will be in the next release. I should have it completed before the end of the year. I'll post a reply when it's ready to download.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:42 pm

A beta of VueMinder 2016 is available and should fix the problem. I still need to perform some more testing before the release is official. If you'd like to help, a beta is available and can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... f=5&t=1756
Dan Chartrand, Founder

usmadvising

Post by usmadvising » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:41 am

thank you-- we will try it out and hopefully all will be fixed.