Clean and empty MySQL database

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
LaFouine94

Clean and empty MySQL database

Post by LaFouine94 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:50 am

Hello,
I have some syncing problems, so I would like to unshare all calendars, empty MySQL database, and start from scratch sharing my calendars.
Can you tell me how to properly clean the SQL database ?

Thanks
LaFouine94

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Clean and empty MySQL database

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:08 am

Hi LaFouine94, please try these steps:

1. Open the Calendar Properties of each of your shared calendars.
2. On the Sync tab, check the box labeled "Do not sync".
3. Open the Sharing Options on each of your computers and clear out the host name, username, and password fields.
4. Exit VueMinder on all computers.
5. Run MySQL Workbench and connect it to your server.
6. On the left side of MySQL Workbench, under "Schemas", right-click "vueminder" and select "Drop Schema".
7. Start VueMinder each of your computers.
8. Open the Sharing Options and re-enter your host name, username, and password. Do this on all computers.
9. Open the Calendar Properties and re-enable sharing of your calendar. Do this on one computer only. The shared calendar should automatically appear on your other computers.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

LaFouine94

Post by LaFouine94 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:20 am

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your answer.
I finaly found the time to follow your suggestion, but I have, as a result, a lot of problems. Many events are not syncronized. It is a real mess... :(
It seems to me that when the calendar to sync is very big, which is my case, the sync with the database fails. I waited hours and hours in case it was very slow, but no way. A lot of events never appears, and some recursive events with exception dot not appear correctly.
I will send you some screen captures to show you precisely the result.
Anyway, if you need some précisions, or some database extraction to help you diagnose the problem, I'm here to help you.
With my best regards.
Olivier Franceschi

LaFouine94

Post by LaFouine94 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:30 am

I had a look Inside MySQL with this query :
SELECT * FROM vueminder.calendars ;
SELECT * FROM vueminder.events WHERE CalendarId = '54ebcfd5-a86c-466a-a861-d5cb93f1bc3f' ;
SELECT * FROM vueminder.events WHERE CalendarId = '9c53606b-302b-4e70-a3fc-6381641a3641' ;
SELECT * FROM vueminder.events WHERE CalendarId = 'c6dfb524-bb03-4911-b7f0-2313420d6da7' ;
because the first request returned this :
54ebcfd5-a86c-466a-a861-d5cb93f1bc3f Cap maths
9c53606b-302b-4e70-a3fc-6381641a3641 Activités enfants
c6dfb524-bb03-4911-b7f0-2313420d6da7 Famille Franceschi

But when I try to see the events in the CalendarId = '54ebcfd5-a86c-466a-a861-d5cb93f1bc3f' , there is NOTHING :
0 row(s) returned

The 2 others are populated.
But I cannot see those events in a Collaborator Vueminder.

I noticed something interesting :
VueMinder was open on all my computers. Nothing was shared. Then I share a calendar (suppose the Activités enfants calendar). I can see the calendar created in MySQL, and I can see (for this one) the events created in the events table. Then I can see the calendar appearing on the contributor computer, with (some/all ?) events. But if I close VueMinder completely, and the reopen it, the shared calendar is still there, BUT EMPTY (contains 0 events) !
Nethertheless the events are still in the database.... Strange isn't it ?
The events will never appear again on the contributor computer... I tried to force a new sync, but no way...

Thanks for your help !
Olivier

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:58 pm

Hi Olivier, thank you for the information. In my testing, all events appear on all the other contributor (and reader) computers. Also, nobody else has reported a problem with contributors seeing 0 events in a shared calendar. Maybe you have accidentally applied a filter in VueMinder? On the View menu, click "Show All Events".

If that doesn't fix it, could you send me a copy of your database so I can try duplicating the problem and fix it? You can export the database by using MySQL Workbench. Connect to the server and then click the “Server -> Data Export” menu command. Check the box for exporting the “vueminder” schema (only), and then click the “Start Export” button. When the export is completed, the log will indicate the location of the exported data, which will contain a number of SQL files. Please zip that folder and email it to support@vueminder.com, so I can try to find what is causing the problem and make the necessary corrections. All data will be kept strictly confidential and will be deleted as soon as I’ve finished.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA