Multiple Issues since recent VM updates (WIN7)

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
CWHGstaff

Multiple Issues since recent VM updates (WIN7)

Post by CWHGstaff » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Frustrations mounting in our office, and having serious vm update installation regret.

Since we installed the latest updates recently, issues include:
VM appearance going back to default
Time Increments changing to 30 min
Calendar colors arbitrarily changing
Google Calendar disappearing from list of synched cals
and then loads of problems adding back in and synching

Have there been many reports of glitches since the recent updates? Do we require a Microsoft update to resolve these issues? We are up-to-date on all necessary updates but is there an 'optional' update we are missing?

I should add that we have never had issues with VM until recently, and we have been using VM for close to two years.

~chantelle

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Multiple Issues since recent VM updates (WIN7)

Post by VueSoft » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi chantelle, welcome to the forums. There haven't been any other reports of the problems you're seeing, nor have I encountered these problems in my testing of the update. I don't yet know what caused these problems to occur.

Did you previously change the location of the data folder (in the Program Options)? It sounds like something happened when the update was installed to cause the location of the data folder to revert back to the original default. This would explain why your settings changed and Google Calendars disappeared. Are you doing something unusual with the program data folder, like trying to use the same folder location for multiple computers?

If you've never changed the data folder location, then it might just be a problem with the installation. You can use the Control Panel to uninstall, and then reinstall the latest version from the page linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA