VueMinder Pro will not sync events to & from Google Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
tara.henderson

VueMinder Pro will not sync events to & from Google Calendar

Post by tara.henderson » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:43 am

I have just signed up to VueMinder Pro and have synced my various calendars from Google Calendar (shown on the left hand side of the VueMinder dashboard). However the events do not transfer over to VueMinder, nor do any events created in VueMinder transfer over to Google Calendar. At the very bottom of the VueMinder dashboard it states that it is syncing with the various calendars so it appears to be working but no events are coming through. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder Pro will not sync events to & from Google Cale

Post by VueSoft » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:37 am

Hi tara, welcome to the forums. I'm not aware of any problems syncing with Google Calendar and everything appears to be working on my end. It's possible you were seeing a temporary problem on the Google server side. Right-click the calendar that failed to sync properly and select "Delete Calendar". Re-add the calendar using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. Your events should appear. Note, if your calendar contains many thousands of events, it might take a few minutes for the initial sync to complete. You can tell when syncing has completed by looking at the status bar.

If re-adding the calendar doesn't fix the problem, then maybe there's something unusual about your calendar that is preventing VueMinder from syncing properly. Could you temporarily share your Google Calendar with my account, so I can try to duplicate the problem and find what is causing it? To share your calendar, follow these steps:

1. On the Google Calendar webpage, click the drop-down arrow to the right of your calendar’s name.
2. Select “Share this calendar” from the drop-down.
3. Enter the email address (support@vueminder.com) under “Share with specific people”. Make sure the Permission Settings are set to “See all event details”.
4. Click the Save button. Google will send me a notification letting me know the calendar has been shared. I’ll work on fixing the problem as soon as possible.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

jimindt

Post by jimindt » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:58 pm

I'll piggyback on this thread. I've shared my Vueminder calendar with a google calendar I've set up. The only things which ever show up are the Tasks. No Events ever make it to the Google calendar, and from there to my iPhone.

Ideas?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:50 am

Hi jimindt, please double-check that your calendar is configured to sync with Google Calendar. Open the Calendar Properties by double-clicking the calendar's name. On the "Sync" tab, make sure the box labeled "Sync with Google Calendar" is checked. If it is, then you should see this calendar on the Google Calendar webpage. Click the calendar's name in the calendar list on the left side of the Google Calendar webpage to toggle the visibility of the calendar's events. Also, you'll need to configure your iPhone to sync with the same calendar. You can do this on the page linked below:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect?pli=1

If none of that works, which version of Windows are you using? If you're still using Windows 7, Vista, or XP, then you'll need to make sure you have all the latest updates installed. Specifically, update KB2468871 is needed. This is an update to the existing .NET Framework 4.0 installation. Syncing won’t work properly unless this update is installed. You can download KB2468871 using the link below. Reboot your computer after installation is completed. If you get a message stating the update isn’t applicable, then you already have the update and there’s no need to install it again.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2468871

Also, do you use multiple Google accounts? If so, it's possible you configured VueMinder to sync with the wrong account. If so, follow these steps:
1. Open the Calendar Properties and uncheck the "Sync with Google Calendar" box.
2. Exit VueMinder by right-clicking its icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit".
3. Delete the folder named "C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Roaming\VueMinder.Google.Auth". Note, this folder is hidden. Windows Explorer will need to be configured to show hidden folders before this folder will be visible.
4. Restart VueMinder.
5. Make sure your web browser is logged into the same Google account that you sync with your iPhone.
6. Open the Calendar Properties and check the "Sync with Google Calendar" box.
7. Click OK. Your calendar will upload to the correct Google account. This could take a few minutes if your calendar contains many events.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

jimindt

Post by jimindt » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:58 am

Getting rid of the file and closing Vueminder worked. Now the events show up.

On the other hand, none of the Tasks show up.

Also is there a way to merge two task calendars? Somehow I have two.

TIA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Try the "Add Google Tasks" command on the File menu to re-add your tasks. There's no simple mechanism (yet) to merge calendars. You'd need to export the tasks from one calendar, delete that calendar, and then import the tasks into the calendar you want to keep.
Dan Chartrand, Founder