New Update Problems

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
zplugger

New Update Problems

Post by zplugger » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:43 am

Can't get the latest update to install, (Installation directory must be on a Local drive.) I'm running windows10 64 bit OS. any
ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Did a uninstall of old version and now have nothing, hope my data is all there. :o

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: New Update Problems

Post by VueSoft » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi zplugger, it appears there's a problem with your Windows registry. Microsoft created a tool to clean up these types of problems. It can be downloaded using the link below. You should be able to use this tool to uninstall the previous version of VueMinder so you can install the latest version. This won’t remove any of your calendar data.
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Progr ... _Uninstall

After uninstalling, use the link below to install the latest version of VueMinder:
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx

If, for some reason, you don't see your data after updating (which should never happen), you can recover your previous data via the “Restore Data” command on the File menu. You should see see a list of previous backups. Choose the most recent one (that indicates events are present) and click the Restore button.

If you don’t see any backup checkpoints, try searching your hard drive for files having a “vbackup” extension, or browse to the “Backups” subfolder of VueMinder’s private data folder. The path can be found in the Program Options window. You should see some backup files in that folder, unless you disabled automatic backups. Click the “Browse” button in the Restore Data window to open a vbackup file.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

zplugger

Post by zplugger » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:03 pm

Thanks Dan
Tried the link,it does not support windows 10 at this time. Is there something I can do in the Windows registry to fix this?

Larry

zplugger

Post by zplugger » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:06 pm

Hello Dan
All is well, download from the link you gave me and it installed perfect.
Thank You Larry