Problem adding shared calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
MDRiggs

Problem adding shared calendar

Post by MDRiggs » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Setting up a new computer, installed Vueminder Ultimate, latest version, and attempted to add shared calendars. But there's no "Add Shared Calendar from Local Network" on the file menu. So I went to a laptop where sharing is already working, and I don't find that entry on its file menu either. I've done this before, so I'm perplexed. (Sharing works fine on the laptop, by the way.) Any ideas?

Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Problem adding shared calendar

Post by VueSoft » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:46 pm

Hi MDRiggs, which version are you using on your other computers? If it's earlier than 11.1, that would probably explain why your installation of the latest version isn't syncing. I'd highly recommend updating all your installations to the latest version, and following the instructions on the page linked below to migrate your shared calendars:
http://www.vueminder.com/blog/post/what ... ar-sharing
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

MDRiggs

Post by MDRiggs » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:21 am

Version 11.3.0 on all computers. Not a matter of syncing, exactly -- I can't even set it up. As noted previously, the file menu doesn't give me an "Add Shared Calendar from Local Network" option, even though all computers are on the same network and the host is set up to share.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:15 pm

Hi MDRiggs, the "Add Shared Calendar" command was removed from the File menu back in version 11.1. To enable sharing of a calendar, open the Calendar Properties and check the box labeled "Share with VueMinder on other computers". After enabling the calendar to be shared, it should automatically appear on your other computers that have been configured to connect to the same server (in the Sharing Options).

If your shared calendars aren't automatically appearing, please make sure you've entered the correct server name, username, and password in the Sharing Options (accessed via the Options menu). If that still doesn't fix the problem, open the Sharing Options and click the "Sync Now" button.

More detailed instructions can be found on the page linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

MDRiggs

Post by MDRiggs » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:03 pm

Okay, that worked. Thanks. Not exactly intuitive, though. I think I liked the old way better, even if there were ultimately more steps. Also, the documentation still describes the old method, not the new one.