Little Question

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
vmu

Little Question

Post by vmu » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:30 am

Hello again, Mr Dan. :)

There is a little question that is persisting on my mind, regarding the voice reminder issue in win8.1:

Did my post about the issue have anything to do with discovering, investigating, or solving it?

I ask because when you replied, your first reply was irrelevant, and later you said you "found what is causing the problem", and you "found a way to work around" it.

The work around is a new feature. I don't believe it was added as a response to this problem. Was it? :?

I hope you answer this with facts. I'd like to know this as it really is, whether it is yes or no. :geek:

Thanks & regards.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Little Question

Post by VueSoft » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:18 pm

The problem was due to a bug in the .NET Framework's System.Speech.Synthesis.SpeechSynthesizer class. The class should use the default voice that is specified in the Control Panel, but apparently that's not the case. To work around the problem, I added a new option to allow the user to pick their preferred voice, and I updated the reminder code to use that specific voice instead of relying on the .NET Framework to use the default voice.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

vmu

Post by vmu » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:20 pm

Thanks for the reply, Mr Dan. But my question was:
Did my post about the issue have anything to do with discovering, investigating, or solving it?
or was it already work in progress before I posted about it? :geek:

Thanks & regards.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:35 pm

No, I wasn't aware of the problem until you posted about it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA