VuMinder Taskbar Issue ?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
sportman12

VuMinder Taskbar Issue ?

Post by sportman12 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Dan I am using Windows 10 my I issue is I have VuMinder on my taskbar and auto-Hide off I see when I restart the computer VuMinder keeps the taskbar staying up like auto-Hide is on which it is not when I open VuMinder and close it the taskebar goes back to auto-Hide off and I see VuMinder is the program which is doing this is their a fix in VuMinder settings ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VuMinder Taskbar Issue ?

Post by VueSoft » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:20 pm

Please try these steps:
1. Right-click the task bar and select “Properties”.
2. Click the “Customize” button for the Notification Area.
3. Under “Show notification from these apps”, select “Off” for VueMinder.
4. Click “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”.
5. Click “Off” for VueMinder.
6. Open the main VueMinder window and then minimize it. The taskbar should hide – at least it does on my Windows 10 computer.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:16 am

Dan I tryed it did not work please get back to me

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:45 pm

Sorry, I don't know why those steps didn't work. I tested this on several of my Windows 10 computers and the steps worked fine, so I don't know what problem you're encountering.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:17 am

Dan here what I did I followed your steps it did not worked here what happen the icon still remained in the taskbar after restarting the computer could I have a setting in VuMinder set to taskbar ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:34 pm

Are you referring to the taskbar or the notification area? The notification area (aka task tray, aka system tray) is the area near the clock, usually in the lower-right corner of the screen.

If you're referring to the taskbar, there's an option in VueMinder to hide the taskbar icon when the main VueMinder windows is minimized. From the Options menu, click Program. Uncheck the box labeled "Always show taskbar icon" (if it's checked).
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Dan it did not work is their a time where we can use teamviewer to show you what I mean ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:14 am

I think you're just seeing the expected behavior of Windows 10. The taskbar will reappear every time a window is minimized. If VueMinder starts when Windows starts, the default behavior is to start minimized, which means your taskbar will appear.

If you don't want to see the taskbar, click an empty area on the desktop and the taskbar will auto hide again.

This is just how Windows 10 works. If you open any other program and minimize its window, you'll see the taskbar reappears. It's not a bug in VueMinder.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:48 am

Dan the taskbar dose reappear every time a window is minimized. If VueMinder starts when Windows starts, the default behavior is to start minimized, which means your taskbar will appear.yes what VueMinder is doing is locking the taskbar you have to open VuMinder to unlock the taskbar then it will go back to auto hide this is what I mean get back to me please

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Dan the taskbar dose reappear every time a window is minimized. If VueMinder starts when Windows starts, the default behavior is to start minimized, which means your taskbar will appear.yes what VueMinder is doing is locking the taskbar you have to open VuMinder to unlock the Auto Hide taskbar then it will go back I can show you get back to me please