Copy & Paste Multiple Task

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
leo1990

Copy & Paste Multiple Task

Post by leo1990 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi,

Is there a way to copy multiple task, and paste these tasks with the exact time they were?. For example, if I have two task Tuesday 11am and Thursday 11am. I select them and past to next week Tuesday, they will again be Tuesday 11am and Thursday 11am. For now, when I paste they just clutter together in to the same day and time.

Thanks,
Leo

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Copy & Paste Multiple Task

Post by VueSoft » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi Leo, currently when multiple tasks are copied and pasted, they'll be pasted into whichever date is currently selected (highlighted) - even if the copied tasks were due on different dates. I'll improve this in the next release.

In the meantime, you could work around this by copying/pasting tasks individually. There's also a "repeating task" feature which could eliminate the need to copy/paste tasks each week. See the documentation linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... #Start_Due
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

yoni45

Post by yoni45 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:48 pm

Hey there!

Just wanted to chime in on this one -- the ability to copy a bunch of events and paste into a different calendar would be *incredibly* useful. Right now, I have to export a calendar, import it into the other calendar, and then manually move the events into the relevant position (I'm duplicating a calendar with 30-ish events, so it's still faster than doing it one by one =/).

Thanks!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi yoni45, welcome to the forums. This improvement has been completed for the next release, which should be available later this week or early next week. I'll post a reply when it's ready to download.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:27 pm

Version 11.3 improves the copy/paste feature of multiple events to include the relative offsets between the copied events. You can copy the events, click the desired calendar in the calendar list to make it the default for pasted events, click the desired date, and then paste. The selected date will be used for the first event that was selected when the events were copied. Other events will be offset from the first event. It's kind of difficult to explain in words, but I think when you try it out to see how it works, it will make perfect sense.

Version 11.3 also includes a number of other improvements and corrections. See the blog for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/blog/

To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

yoni45

Post by yoni45 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:56 pm

VueSoft wrote:Version 11.3 improves the copy/paste feature of multiple events to include the relative offsets between the copied events. You can copy the events, click the desired calendar in the calendar list to make it the default for pasted events, click the desired date, and then paste. The selected date will be used for the first event that was selected when the events were copied. Other events will be offset from the first event. It's kind of difficult to explain in words, but I think when you try it out to see how it works, it will make perfect sense.

Version 11.3 also includes a number of other improvements and corrections. See the blog for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/blog/

To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Beautiful -- just tried it out. Looks to work great; thanks! =D