How to use "Customize Appearance Theme"?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
bill@spikowski.com

How to use "Customize Appearance Theme"?

Post by bill@spikowski.com » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:20 am

I'm trying to figure out how to use "Customize Appearance Theme." There seem to be three options: UI Roles, Component Role Settings, and Shared Object Role Settings. I have no idea what any of those terms mean.

I'm hoping to customize how my Vueminder calendars appear on my computer and when printed. I understand how to customize individual events, and customize all the events on an individual 'calendar.'

Could I make all Saturdays and Sundays shaded? Or shade all holidays? Or change the color and thickness of the lines between days on the monthly calendar? Or add the 'day of the week' next to each date in a monthly calendar?

"Customize Appearance Theme" seems pretty sophisticated, but I'm hoping to find instructions on its use, or FAQs, or at least some idea whether what I'd like to do is even possible.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: How to use "Customize Appearance Theme"?

Post by VueSoft » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:39 pm

The help documentation provides a walkthrough on using the Appearance Theme Editor:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... theme.html

That being said, the theme editor is mostly intended for changing the appearance of existing items in the user interface. It won't add new things to the printed output, such as the day of week name, or shade only dates that are holidays. If you want full control over how calendars look when printing, then I suggest trying PrintableCal. It's an add-in for Word and Excel. PrintableCal can import events from VueMinder and provides the ability to customize templates using all the editing capabilities provided by Excel.
http://www.printablecal.com/

If you want to try to get the output to look the way you'd like in VueMinder, see below:
Could I make all Saturdays and Sundays shaded? Or shade all holidays?
You can select multiple dates in the Month view by holding the Ctrl-key and left-clicking. To change the background color of the selected date(s), right-click one of the selected dates and choose the desired color using the "Day Background -> Color" command on the popup menu.
Or change the color and thickness of the lines between days on the monthly calendar?
The color can be changed using the Appearance Theme Editor. Hover the mouse over a date in the Month view and press 1. The border color is specified in the "Border" area of the "Settings for ScheduleDay" window. Unfortunately, there's no mechanism to change the border thickness.
Or add the 'day of the week' next to each date in a monthly calendar?
There's no mechanism to do this in VueMinder. It could be easily accomplished in PrintableCal by changing the cell date format in the Month template.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

bill@spikowski.com

Re: How to use "Customize Appearance Theme"?

Post by bill@spikowski.com » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:57 am

Thanks, I'll play with those options. Your prompt and helpful reply convinced me to skip the rest of the trial period and purchase the software!