Connecting to Google Calendar with Windows XP

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
bill@spikowski.com

Connecting to Google Calendar with Windows XP

Post by bill@spikowski.com » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:50 am

When I try to connect to my Google Calendar, I get an error message directing me to install a Windows Update file, which I've tried without making any difference.

I've also found additional instructions on the VueMinder FAQ page, but those instructions are for Windows 7, not XP which I'm running on this computer.

Are there other troubleshooting steps I should be taking?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Connecting to Google Calendar with Windows XP

Post by VueSoft » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi Bill, please check if your firewall is blocking VueMinder from connecting to Google Calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

bill@spikowski.com

Post by bill@spikowski.com » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:09 am

I don't remember exactly what I did, but I managed to create the link between Vueminder and Google Calendar.

So far I really like Vueminder; I need calendar software that will provide a great printed calendar for my business appointments AND link to Google Calendar -- I think I've found it!

One thing still puzzles me. When I use Google Calendar on other Windows computers, I can see my various Google Calendars plus all the new calendar items I've entered for my company directly into Vueminder. But on my Android tablet and phone, I can't see the new calendar items I've entered. Is this a limitation of the Android version of Google Calendar?

bill@spikowski.com

Post by bill@spikowski.com » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:32 am

I think I've figured this out -- I have two Google accounts on my phone (since the only way my wife and I can share/sync all Google Keep notes is to use her account).

I guessed that the Calendar app might be displaying the calendars on HER Google account -- which are the same as my account, less my business appointments. So I deleted her Google account from my phone, and suddenly I can see all the events I had entered into Vueminder.

Then I went back and added her Google account to my phone. Now the calendar works properly, and I've restored our arrangement for Google Keep.

I don't understand it exactly, but it worked for me.