VM Pro USB on Windows 10 keeps crashing

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
slvrswrd

VM Pro USB on Windows 10 keeps crashing

Post by slvrswrd » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:04 am

I'm using the Pro USB version of VM and have recently upgraded to windows 10. Now when I open the calendar and it's in calendar view I can use any part of the GUI except the calendar itself. Every time I click on a date or event in the Month view it crashes the program. No real error code to speak of, it just says it has stopped working. I can change to the other views; Day, Week, Timeline, Events, Tasks, Notes and Contacts and click around in those just fine. I can click on the Year tab and and get that view and and click on and right click on specific dates but if I click on a month title it crashes. If I even try to click on the Month tab to go to that view or use the go to month menu option it crashes. I am able to repeat this error consistently on my machine but don't have another windows 10 machine to move the USB to and try it there.

Is anyone else having a crash like this?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VM Pro USB on Windows 10 keeps crashing

Post by VueSoft » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi slvrswrd, I haven't encountered this problem in my testing of the USB version on Windows 10, so I'm not sure what is causing it. It's possible your antivirus program is related to the problem. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus program. Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

slvrswrd

Post by slvrswrd » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:32 pm

I'm running win 10 using the built in windows defender, however, turning that off doesn't help either. I tried moving it from the USB to the hard drive and running it locally and even tried to download the Pro trial and install it thinking that it would install any corrupted files and then maybe the USB version would pick up on them (just wishful thinking) which didn't work either. I just tried downloding the licensed version again and unzipped it to my desktop. Upon running, it crashes because it tries to open up in month view. Just weird that month view is the only view that I cannot use.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi slvrswrd, thank you for the information. I'm still unable to duplicate the problem. I'll continue to investigate and will let you know when a correction is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

slvrswrd

Post by slvrswrd » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:16 am

Thanks, I did a little more testing and it seems to be my laptop itself. The software works fine on another system that I upgraded to win10 and I did a clean win10 install on this system and it still crashes when trying to use Month view. So it must be a conflict with one of the hardware's software libraries somehow.

slvrswrd

Post by slvrswrd » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:36 am

Whatever fixes you made in 11.3.1 seems to have solved my crashing problem on this machine. Thank you, thank you, thank you.