Being able to total time for groups of events and tasks

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
JohnBCallander

Being able to total time for groups of events and tasks

Post by JohnBCallander » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:59 am

I have a need to total the total event times and task times. The duration does seem to have a column total when a set of events or tasks are selected and if exported to excel is not in a form where the duration times can be summed. This total is useful for allocating the amount of time being used by a set of events or task time for a project. I am sure this is easily possible. I am sure I did this a bout 3 years ago but cannot now recall how I did it :roll: .
John

Thanks in advance for your response Dan :D

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Being able to total time for groups of events and tasks

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi John, you should see the sum duration of all selected events or tasks near the bottom of the Event or Task List. Does that help?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

JohnBCallander

Post by JohnBCallander » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:39 pm

I knew there was a simple way to see the total - thanks. Anyway of capturing that in the excel export file? I probably should be checking that on Excel forum but you might know quickly and explain more clearly. That was a very fast response as ever. :D

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi John, the sum duration won't export. However, after exporting you could manually add a column with a formula to subtract the start date/time from the end date/time for each row. Set the column type to "Number". The displayed values will be in units of days. You can convert to different units if necessary. For example, the following formula will show the values in hours:
=(I2-G2)*24

Below the last row, add a formula to sum all values in the column you added. For example:
=SUM(N2:N176)
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

JohnBCallander

Post by JohnBCallander » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:29 pm

Many Thanks - I seem to remember that is what I did 3 years ago, but I did not have a record of it. :roll: