VueMinder Ultimate can't access Server after Win10 upgrade

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
mrbeanpa

VueMinder Ultimate can't access Server after Win10 upgrade

Post by mrbeanpa » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:47 pm

I'm sure this is a MySql issue but it has manifested itself with VueMinder reporting that it cannot connect to the server, opening the MySql workbench means little to me other than it reports that it cannot connect to the database. Most things I have tried have resulted in an error. If it was Access I'd be significantly more confident, but I know very little about MySql. I Suspect some sort of rebuild of MySql will be necessary but I have no idea where to start and I don't want to wipe the data the existing DB contains.

Alas this problem means none of my contacts or events are currently being shared :cry:

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder Ultimate can't access Server after Win10 upgra

Post by VueSoft » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:38 am

Did your PC's name change when you upgraded to Windows? Try entering your PC's name in the Sharing Options. You can find your PC's name in Windows 10 by clicking the Start menu and going to Settings -> System -> About. Also, the password in the Sharing Options is encrypted and tied to the Windows installation. If you performed an in-place upgrade to Windows 10, you'll need to re-enter the password.

If that doesn't fix it, you might need to reinstall MySQL Server. You can uninstall via the Control Panel and then reinstall using the link below:
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/installer

Complete instructions can be found here:
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php

Please let me know if that doesn't fix the problem or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

mrbeanpa

Re: VueMinder Ultimate can't access Server after Win10 upgra

Post by mrbeanpa » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:57 am

Many thanks for the speedy response.

For info: The computer name had not changed, and entering it in place of 127.0.0.1 made no difference, Likewise replacing the stored password, so I went for the uninstall and re-install.

Re-installing seems to have done the trick, in so much as VueMinder now seems able to access the database and the details seem to be shared.

I'm not sure that MySQL is working correctly. If I open the workbench and and click on the database I get the message below, then The MySQL workbench crashes. Whilst this doe not seem to be a problem for me, it could be indicative of some other issue relating to MySQL and win10. I won't be losing any sleep over it!

MySql error:

MySQL Workbench has Encountered a Problem
The Type initializer for 'HtmlRenderer.Utils.FontsUtils' threw an exception.

Hopefully this info will be useful for others.