Voice Reminder Changed after install of Win 10

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Aubint

Voice Reminder Changed after install of Win 10

Post by Aubint » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:35 pm

After I installed Windows 10 My Voice Reminder changed from the Female to a Male Voice. How do I get the female Voice Back?

Also when my desktop pop up reminders come on when I click the little upside down triangle to dismiss the reminder it opens to a Full screen of the pop up and then closes my Calendar (rather in windows 10 minimizes it) very annoying especially when you have a lot of pop ups. Any fixes for this as well?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Aubint
Aubint That's Me :)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Voice Reminder Changed after install of Win 10

Post by VueSoft » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:34 am

Hi Aubint, welcome to the forums. The voice reminder feature in VueMinder uses the default text-to-speech voice of Windows. In Windows 10, the default was changed to a male voice (named Microsoft David).

Depending on your Windows installation, you might have other voices available. From the Start menu, click Settings. Enter "text to speech" in the search box and then click the "Text to Speech" icon. In the Speech Properties window, click the "Voice selection" drop-down. Select "Microsoft Zira" if listed and then click OK. You might need to restart VueMinder for the change to take effect.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA