Events don't carry over number of years to Excel?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Mary Sheffield

Events don't carry over number of years to Excel?

Post by Mary Sheffield » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:46 am

Maybe I am missing something, I have a calendar where I want to show how many years have passed for events. The event list in Vueminder shows this. But when I export to Excel it doesn't. Any solution?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Events don't carry over number of years to Excel?

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:26 pm

Hi Mary, can you clarify? What column are you looking at in the Event List that shows how many years have passed for an event? Are you referring to the "Duration" column? If so, this should be included in the export.

If you're referring to the occurrence number of recurring events (e.g., #1, #2, #3, etc), that number isn't currently included in the export to Excel. I've added this to my to-do list and will post a reply when it's completed, assuming this is what you're referring to.

In the meantime, try the "Export to Excel" command accessed by clicking the gear button on the upper-right corner of the Event List. This command uses a different technique to export to Excel and should match what you see in the Event List, including the occurrence numbers.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Mary Sheffield

Post by Mary Sheffield » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:54 am

Yes, that does it! The gear is da bomb. This is perfect for copy and paste to Word. With the export to excel, it had all these other columns for color, etc. and was a lot more work. But the gear does what I want perfectly. Thanks!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:23 pm

Version 11.3 improves the File->Export Events command to show occurrence numbers in exported Excel and CSV files. Version 11.3 also includes a number of other improvements and corrections. See the blog for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/blog/

To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA