Sync with Google - all day events 1 day off

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
kenjabin

Sync with Google - all day events 1 day off

Post by kenjabin » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:50 am

I just recently decided to set up a sync with my Google Calendar, and it pulled everything in OK, except that I noticed that I have series of all-day items that are June 15-19 in Google, but show up as June 14-18 in VueMinder ..... I'm on version 11.2.9 of VueMinder.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sync with Google - all day events 1 day off

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:48 pm

Hi kenjabin, welcome to the forums. I've attempted to duplicate the problem you're seeing, but I'm unable to get it to happen. I created a daily recurring event on Google Calendar from June 15-19. When the calendar synced to VueMinder, the series appeared on the same dates in VueMinder. I'm not sure why you're seeing different behavior.

Are all your events one day off, or just the events in this one series? Try opening the series on the Google Calendar web page. Click the "Edit" link next to the "Repeat" checkbox. Does the series start on June 15 and end on June 19, or do you see different values there?

Also, make sure Windows and Google Calendar are configured for the same time zone. The time zone shouldn't matter for all-day events, but I can't think of any other explanation.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA