Help using Pro Version Please ?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
sportman12

Re: Help using Pro trial Version Please ?

Post by sportman12 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:17 am

more questions

1 Dan what is the Add Google Calendar, and Google Task differ

2 If I Add Google Calendar, and Google Task I still can do the same step-by-step instructions which you provided previously for the sports calendars

3 I would add the desired sports calendars to Google Calendar via the Google Calendar webpage, and then add those same calendars to VueMinder using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu.For Google Calendar Sports same step-by-step instructions which you provided previously

I have 7 days for the trail version which is the fastest way to contact you here or by email if I do not hear from thru the forum I will email you

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:07 am

1 Dan what is the Add Google Calendar, and Google Task differ
The "Add Google Calendar" command is for adding calendars that contain events. The "Add Google Task" command is for adding a Google task list.
2 If I Add Google Calendar, and Google Task I still can do the same step-by-step instructions which you provided previously for the sports calendars
Yes
3 I would add the desired sports calendars to Google Calendar via the Google Calendar webpage, and then add those same calendars to VueMinder using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu.For Google Calendar Sports same step-by-step instructions which you provided previously
Yes
I have 7 days for the trail version which is the fastest way to contact you here or by email if I do not hear from thru the forum I will email you
Either
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Dan

When I go to add google calendar and google task it freezes. Do I have to be logged in to my gmail account first? Can you give me step by step instructions how to do this.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:28 pm

It shouldn't freeze. You should see a web page appear asking for permission. Click the Allow button. VueMinder will then show a list of Google calendars (or task lists, depending on which command you used), which can be added to VueMinder.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Dan questions

1 Google calendars task lists, what is the difference

2 To add holidays and Birthdays to Google calendars and task lists do I have to add these step-by-step instructions which you provided previously see below for adding the sports calendars NFLand NCAA Football schedules to VueMinder. Note, this requires a Google Calendar account.

1. On the Google Calendar webpage, click the drop-down arrow next to "Other calendars", on the left side of the web page.

2. Select "Browse Interesting Calendars" from the drop-down.

3. Click the "Sports" tab.

4. Click Football -> NCAA Football.

5. Click the "Subscribe" link the for desired calendar(s).

6. Click the "Back to calendar" link near the top of the web page.

7. You should see the selected calendar(s) under "Other calendars".

8. In VueMinder, click "Add Google Calendar" on the File menu.

9. Click the desired calendar under "Other calendars".

10. Click the "Add Calendar" button. Repeat if needed for other calender

3 I add Google Calendar to Vueminder first ? or do I add from the web page. for sports calendars and holidays and Birthdays ?

4 Yahoo calenders and sports I do

VueMinder can subscribe to Yahoo Calendar but the sync direction will be 1-way (from Yahoo to VueMinder). Changes made in VueMinder will NOT appear back on Yahoo Calendar.

To subscribe to Yahoo Calendar, follow these steps:
1. In Yahoo Calendar, click the drop-down arrow next to the calendar name, on the left side of the page.
2. Click “Share” on the menu.
3. Click the “Generate links”.
4. Copy the link under “To import into a Calendar app (ICS):
5. In VueMinder, click the “Add Calendar Subscription” command on the File menu.
6. Right-click the location text field and select “Paste” to paste the URL that was copied in step 4.
7. If your calendar frequently updates, change the update interval from “Every day” to something more frequent.
8. Click the OK button.
9. After a few seconds, your Yahoo Calendar events will appear in VueMinder. Again, this is 1-direction only. If you add events to VueMinder, they won’t appear in Yahoo Calendar.

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Dan also sent you a email about did not know which was faster to email or forum looking forward to your answer

Dan questions

1 Google calendars task lists, what is the difference

2 To add holidays and Birthdays to Google calendars and task lists do I have to add these step-by-step instructions which you provided previously see below for adding the sports calendars NFLand NCAA Football schedules to VueMinder. Note, this requires a Google Calendar account.

1. On the Google Calendar webpage, click the drop-down arrow next to "Other calendars", on the left side of the web page.

2. Select "Browse Interesting Calendars" from the drop-down.

3. Click the "Sports" tab.

4. Click Football -> NCAA Football.

5. Click the "Subscribe" link the for desired calendar(s).

6. Click the "Back to calendar" link near the top of the web page.

7. You should see the selected calendar(s) under "Other calendars".

8. In VueMinder, click "Add Google Calendar" on the File menu.

9. Click the desired calendar under "Other calendars".

10. Click the "Add Calendar" button. Repeat if needed for other calender

3 I add Google Calendar to Vueminder first ? or do I add from the web page. for sports calendars and holidays and Birthdays ?

4 Yahoo calenders and sports I do

VueMinder can subscribe to Yahoo Calendar but the sync direction will be 1-way (from Yahoo to VueMinder). Changes made in VueMinder will NOT appear back on Yahoo Calendar.

To subscribe to Yahoo Calendar, follow these steps:
1. In Yahoo Calendar, click the drop-down arrow next to the calendar name, on the left side of the page.
2. Click “Share” on the menu.
3. Click the “Generate links”.
4. Copy the link under “To import into a Calendar app (ICS):
5. In VueMinder, click the “Add Calendar Subscription” command on the File menu.
6. Right-click the location text field and select “Paste” to paste the URL that was copied in step 4.
7. If your calendar frequently updates, change the update interval from “Every day” to something more frequent.
8. Click the OK button.
9. After a few seconds, your Yahoo Calendar events will appear in VueMinder. Again, this is 1-direction only. If you add events to VueMinder, they won’t appear in Yahoo Calendar.

get back to me please

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:59 pm

What's your question, exactly? All I see is that you copied and pasted my previous answers. The only question I see is where you ask what's the difference between Google calendars and task lists. I already answered this. When you use the "Add Google Calendar" command, you're adding a calendar that contains events. When you use the "Add Google Tasks" command, you're adding tasks.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:25 pm

Dan I apologies a little confused let me see if I can try to make sense of what am trying to say

1 Do I add Google Calendar to Vueminder first then do the step-by-step instructions which you provided previously for adding the sports calendars NFL and NCAA Football schedules to VueMinder. Note, this requires a Google Calendar account.

2 Or Do I do theses steps for adding sports calendars like you said and not add Google Calendar first ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:28 pm

Add the desired sports calendars to Google Calendar. Then add the calendars to VueMinder using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:02 pm

Dan did steps 1 thru 8 went great for adding sports Calender Google when I got to step 9 thru 10 here where I got stuck

step 8 VueMinder, click "Add Google Calendar" on the File menu I. Did it and was added

step
9. I Click the desired calendar under "Other calendars". It did not add NCAA Footbal calender in Vueminder what should happen after step 9 should I see NCAA Footbal calender in Vueminder

get back to me please