Help using Pro Version Please ?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
sportman12

Re: Help using Pro trial Version Please ?

Post by sportman12 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 pm

Dan three more questions

I am very greatfull to you for working on adding the college football schedules

1. Am trying to figure out which calendar is easy for me and dose what and how it works google outlook or adding
yahoo and what is best for sport calendar could I add sports to google ?

2 .Am little confused From what 1-direction syncing is for Yahoo Calendar, If I add from the web Holidays and sports will Vueminder grab the new information and add it to Vueminder ?

3 When using Google Yahoo or Outlook calendars Do you always have to stay Log in with your account on your browser for the calendars to work do You have to keep your web browser open and be logged in, or you put it in Vuminder one time and use it ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:08 am

1. Am trying to figure out which calendar is easy for me and dose what and how it works google outlook or adding
yahoo and what is best for sport calendar could I add sports to google ?
Both Yahoo Calendar and Google Calendar provide sports calendars, and VueMinder can sync with either. As for which is best, that's really up to you which one you like more.
2 .Am little confused From what 1-direction syncing is for Yahoo Calendar, If I add from the web Holidays and sports will Vueminder grab the new information and add it to Vueminder ?
I don't think you can edit the Sports or Holiday calendars on Yahoo Calendar. If Yahoo adds new events, VueMinder will automatically update to show the new events.
3 When using Google Yahoo or Outlook calendars Do you always have to stay Log in with your account on your browser for the calendars to work do You have to keep your web browser open and be logged in, or you put it in Vuminder one time and use it ?
No, you do not need to stay logged into your account in your web browser.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Dan

What I don't understand is if yahoo and google both provide sports calendars how does vuminder sync with either. Can you please post a screen shot of how this is done.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:49 pm

It turns out Yahoo hasn't been maintaining the iCalendar (ics) NCAA Football schedules. The calendars haven't been updated since last year, and I can't find any iCalendar NCAA Football schedules for the 2015-16 season. So for the time being, the NCAA Football schedules will NOT be added to the "Add Public Calendars" window.

Here's how to add NCAA Football schedules to VueMinder. Note, this requires a Google Calendar account.

1. On the Google Calendar webpage, click the drop-down arrow next to "Other calendars", on the left side of the web page.

2. Select "Browse Interesting Calendars" from the drop-down.

3. Click the "Sports" tab.

4. Click Football -> NCAA Football.

5. Click the "Subscribe" link the for desired calendar(s).

6. Click the "Back to calendar" link near the top of the web page.

7. You should see the selected calendar(s) under "Other calendars".

8. In VueMinder, click "Add Google Calendar" on the File menu.

9. Click the desired calendar under "Other calendars".

10. Click the "Add Calendar" button. Repeat if needed for other calendars.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:36 pm

Dan

more questions

1 Am little confused From what 2- way direction syncing is if I use Google Calendar, and add it to Vueminder and go on the web to add NCAA Football and other sports calendars from the web will Vueminder grab the new information and add it to Vueminder if am following it right is this the way it works is it easier to do for me ?

2 Or doing NCAA Football schedules Google Calendar account. as your your directions say which is easier ?

3 Yahoo hasn't been maintaining the iCalendar (ics) NCAA Football schedules for all Yahoo sports calendars to ?

4 The calendars haven't been updated how do I find out as the 2015-16 season NCAA Football schedules. comes near if they added it ?

Mary Sheffield

Post by Mary Sheffield » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:45 am

If I may post a reply, to enter an event like a birthday that recurs every year:

1. Make sure you are in month view.

2. Double click in the cell on the date of the birthday. For example, go to December 7 in the month view and double click. The New Event box will popup.

3. In "Title" enter your data - something like Robert Smith born
4. For Start Date enter the birthdate (example 12/7/2011)
5. For End Date enter the same date as you did in Start

6. Tick the "All Day Event:
7. Make sure "1 day" is selected

8. Click on "Recurrence" Tab and tick recurring event if you want the birthday to carry over each year.

9. Under "Recurrence Pattern" tick yearly and Under Recurrence Range tick "no end date"

9. Also tick "show yearly occurence number" if you want the calendar to show how many years have passed - that is, this person will be 4 years this year for our example.

10. You can add text in the Description tab however it will not show on the calendar.

11. When done, click "Save and Close".

Mary Sheffield

Post by Mary Sheffield » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:15 am

And to make it easier for a newbie, while I like this calendar very much I too struggled to understand it. What I have found, it works best if you have separate calendars. One for birthdays, another for appointments, another for bills to pay, etc.

You can tick any or all of these calendars to show. That is, if all are ticked then the appointments, birthdays, and bills due will all show on the calendar. If you want only one or some calendars to show then tick the ones you want and only the events in the calendar you ticked will show.

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:18 pm

Dan

more questions

1 Am little confused From what 2- way direction syncing is if I use Google Calendar, and add it to Vueminder and go on the web to add NCAA Football and other sports calendars from the web will Vueminder grab the new information and add it to Vueminder if am following it right is this the way it works is it easier to do for me ?

2 Or doing NCAA Football schedules Google Calendar account. as your your directions say which is easier ?

3 Yahoo hasn't been maintaining the iCalendar (ics) NCAA Football schedules for all Yahoo sports calendars to ?

4 The calendars haven't been updated how do I find out as the 2015-16 season NCAA Football schedules. comes near if they added it ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:47 pm

The syncing of the sports calendars will be 1-way (from Google Calendar to VueMinder). You can't edit those calendars. Detailed step-by-step instructions were provided previously, but basically you add the desired sports calendars to Google Calendar via the Google Calendar webpage, and then add those same calendars to VueMinder using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu.

Yahoo is maintaining the NCAA sports calendars, at least the ones that can be accessed via the Yahoo Calendar webpage. In past years, Yahoo provided iCalendar URLs that VueMinder could subscribe to, in order to get the same sports schedules in VueMinder. Yahoo might have stopped maintaining the iCalendar URL-based sports calendars because this enabled people to bypass the Yahoo portal and Yahoo doesn't make any money if people don't see their ads. That's just my guess.

It's not a matter of which is easier. You can't access current Yahoo NCAA Football calendars from within VueMinder. Period. You can do this through Google Calendar, as I explained previously.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:30 pm

more questions

1 Dan What is the Add Google Calendar, which you have in Vueminder ?

2 If I Add Google Calendar, you have in Vueminder I still can do the same step-by-step instructions which were provided previously, but basically I would add the desired sports calendars to Google Calendar via the Google Calendar webpage, and then add those same calendars to VueMinder using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu.For Google Calendar Sports

3 I have 10 days for the trail version which is the fastest way to contact you here or by email ?