Help using Pro Version Please ?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Help using Pro trial Version Please ?

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:06 am

See the documentation linked below for instructions on how to add a public calendar or holiday calendar to VueMinder. In a nutshell, use the "Add Public Calendars and Holidays" command on the File menu. Click the name of the calendar you want to add. Click the "Add Calendar" button. I think it's fairly self-explanatory.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... endar.html

I'm not sure why VueMinder froze when you tried to add a Google Calendar. If your calendar is large it might take a minute or two for the initial sync to complete. This should happen in the background and not cause VueMinder to freeze.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:02 am

Mr. Chartrand

I apologize I did not get how multiple calendars are used after taking a look at how there used I want to use multiple calendars I want to, use the "Add Public Calendars and Holidays" command on the File menu. Click the name of the calendar you want to add. Click the "Add Calendar" button. I will try it look easy to I also want to add mysportscal I can figure out how to install it could you please tell me

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:51 am

I want to add mysportscal I can not figure out how to install it could you please tell me get back to me please

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:10 pm

To add a calendar from MySportsCal, follow these steps:

1. Click the "Add Public Calendars and Holidays" command on the File menu.

2. Expand "More Calendars..."

3. Click "MySportsCal". The MySportsCal web page will appear.

4. Navigate the MySportsCal website until you find the calendar you want to add.

5. Click the button under the "iCal" column to add the desired calendar to VueMinder. A "Webcal Added" message should appear and you should see a new calendar in your calendar list. If not, please let me know exactly what you see.

Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Mr. Chartrand

I see the MySportsCal website I clicked it on .
I want to add NFL and College Football I can not figure out how to add Schedules please get back to me

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:57 pm

Do you know how to click a link? Hover the mouse cursor over a link (like where it says NFL on the webpage). The cursor should change into a hand. Click the left mouse button. There are links for the NFL and College Football teams. You can click them.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:03 pm

I am a disabled person I apologize trying figure it out please bare with me let me try and I will tell you what I did and I will get back to you

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:10 pm

I clicked NFL and saw 2012-2013 NFL Schedules could I please email you a screenshot of what I see please

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:54 pm

Does VueMinder Sync with Yahoo! Calendar if so please tell me the setup?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:25 pm

VueMinder can subscribe to Yahoo Calendar but the sync direction will be 1-way (from Yahoo to VueMinder). Changes made in VueMinder will NOT appear back on Yahoo Calendar.

To subscribe to Yahoo Calendar, follow these steps:
1. In Yahoo Calendar, click the drop-down arrow next to the calendar name, on the left side of the page.
2. Click “Share” on the menu.
3. Click the “Generate links”.
4. Copy the link under “To import into a Calendar app (ICS):
5. In VueMinder, click the “Add Calendar Subscription” command on the File menu.
6. Right-click the location text field and select “Paste” to paste the URL that was copied in step 4.
7. If your calendar frequently updates, change the update interval from “Every day” to something more frequent.
8. Click the OK button.
9. After a few seconds, your Yahoo Calendar events will appear in VueMinder. Again, this is 1-direction only. If you add events to VueMinder, they won’t appear in Yahoo Calendar.

If you want sports calendars, these are available in the "Add Public Calendars" window. Some of the sports calendars come from Yahoo Sports and some are from other sources. Expand "Sports - NFL" or whatever sport you're looking for, click the desired team calendar in the list, and then click the "Add Calendar" button.
Dan Chartrand, Founder