Help using Pro Version Please ?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
sportman12

Re: Help using Pro trial Version Please ?

Post by sportman12 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:56 am

Mr. Chartrand

How dose the calendar work cause it says my name Garys Calendar in Events Window I go to pull down no calendar comes up how dose it work the calendars ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:30 pm

You can have multiple calendars in VueMinder. For example, you could have separate calendars for your personal events, work events, medical appointments, and holidays (I'm not saying that's what you need to do, I'm just offering that as an example).

When defining a new event, you can pick which calendar to associate the event with by using the "Calendar" drop-down in the Event Editor. Since you only have one calendar defined, only one calendar is listed in the drop-down. You can create other calendars using the "New -> Calendar" command on the File menu.

Please read the documentation. It explains everything you'd ever want to know about using VueMinder. The topic of multiple calendars is explained in the documentation linked below. There are many screenshots as well.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... rlist.html
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:46 am

Mr. Chartrand I read the documentation a little confusing I do not want to use multiple calendars to make it easy for me

which is the best calendar for me for what I want to do Here is how I want to use the calendar I want to use one calendar for for birthdays and anniversaries.personal events, work events, medical appointments, and holidays in the file it has multiple calendars which is the best calendar for me to use

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:54 pm

You can use whichever calendar you feel is best for you and delete the other ones you don't intend to use. To delete a calendar, right-click the calendar's name in the calendar list and select "Delete Calendar".
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:38 pm

Mr. Chartrand

1 the calendars are in file pull down in window when u open the Vuminder ?'

2 if you delete the other calendars can you get em back

3 Here is how I want to use the calendar I want to use one calendar for for birthdays and anniversaries.personal events, work events, medical appointments, and holidays would the public Calendar is the best for me out of the ones which are listed in the file pull down what is your recommendation ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:34 pm

1 the calendars are in file pull down in window when u open the Vuminder ?'
Are you referring to the drop-down list below the calendar list on the main window? That's where you can select the default calendar to be used for new events. Since you said you only want to use one calendar, you can ignore that drop-down list.
2 if you delete the other calendars can you get em back
But you said you only want to use one calendar. If you accidentally delete a calendar you can undo the deletion by using the Undo command on the Edit menu. If you actually want multiple calendars and the ability to selectively view or hide events belonging to those calendars, use the checkboxes next to the calendar names instead of deleting the calendars.
3 Here is how I want to use the calendar I want to use one calendar for for birthdays and anniversaries.personal events, work events, medical appointments, and holidays would the public Calendar is the best for me out of the ones which are listed in the file pull down what is your recommendation ?
My recommendation is for you to do whatever you want to do. Use multiple calendars. Or use a single calendar. Or add whatever holiday calendars you want to add. Just pick an approach and go with it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Mr. Chartrand

1. Am referring to the drop-down list in file's where you can select the calendars is it where you can select the calendars ?

2 if I delete the other calendars can you get em back

I said I only want to use one calendar.yes I did I meant If I wanted to try a lot of calendars out yes if I accidentally delete a calendar I can undo the deletion by using the Undo command on the Edit menu.?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:17 pm

1. Am referring to the drop-down list in file's where you can select the calendars is it where you can select the calendars ?
Yes, a different calendar can be selected from the drop-down "Calendar" list when editing an event.
2 if I delete the other calendars can you get em back
Yes, you can undo deleting a calendar by using the Undo command on the Edit menu, like I wrote in my previous answer to the exact same question.

Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:10 pm

Mr. Chartrand I will try the calendars and tell you how it works for me

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:22 pm

Mr. Chartrand

I went to try add a calendar first one I tryed was public calendar could not figure out how to load it is can you tell me and I tryed Google calendar and vueminder froze