Help using Pro Version Please ?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Help using Pro trial Version Please ?

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:22 pm

If you're defining a yearly event then you'd want it to be recurring. You can use the Recurrence tab to make the event recur yearly. When defining a recurring event, the specific reminder date/time field won't be shown because the reminder time will be different for each occurrence. However, you can still set the "Before event start" to a negative value, such as "-15 minutes" to make the reminder appear after the event starts instead of before.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Mr .Chartrand I want to do is set it up like a calendar with Events for Birthdays anniversarys and such do I use Event or Reccuring Event and should I have Reminder Pop up start or the end of the Event ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:50 pm

Use recurring events for birthdays and anniversaries. Reminders should be configured to appear before the events start.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:07 pm

Mr. Chartrand
Use recurring events for birthdays and anniversaries. Reminders should be configured to appear before the events start you mean example start time 6pm, end time 6:15p.m reminder should Pop up time start time 6pm, ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:22 pm

Normally, birthdays and anniversaries are all-day events. However, if you want the event to start at 6:00 PM instead of being all-day, and you want a reminder to appear at 6:00 PM, then you'd configure the reminder to appear "0 minutes" before the event start. I apologize if that's not clear.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:39 pm

Mr. Chartrand I should set it up like your screenshot on page 1 you posted you wrote see the category in the popup reminder, check the box labeled "Show the event details and links". This box is on the "Content" tab of the popup reminder settings for the event.

If I want to do is set it up like a calendar with Events for Birthdays anniversarys and such I use Reccuring Event and should I have Reminder Pop up start or the end of the Event ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:00 pm

If you want to get a reminder before the event starts, then configure the reminder to appear before the event starts. In your previous message, you stated you wanted the reminder to appear when the event ends instead of when it starts, which is why I provided instructions for how to get the reminder to appear after the starting time. You can use the software however you want. If you like getting reminders after something has already happened, then by all means, set the reminder time to appear after the event starts instead of before.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:16 pm

I apologize for all the questions I am getting the hang of things screenshot help a lot I do have more questions first

1 A screenshot of reminder to appear before the event starts please

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:19 pm

In the example below, a popup reminder will appear 15 minutes before the event starts. In other words, the event starts at 6:00 PM and the reminder will appear at 5:45 PM.

Here's another example. In this case, the event is all-day (starts at midnight and ends at 11:59 PM). A popup reminder is configured to appear 8 hours before the event starts, which would be 4:00 PM the day before the event.

Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:26 pm

Mr. Chartrand

I am a disabled person I am getting the hang of things with your screenshots which help a lot I do have more questions can I keep asking please