Install and Uninstall Issues

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Rocker4Hire

Install and Uninstall Issues

Post by Rocker4Hire » Fri May 08, 2015 11:30 am

I'm having major problems trying to uninstall and reinstall the VueMinder Lite software. This all started when I downloaded the latest version with version 9 running. During the installation process it halted saying there was a missing MSI file that could not be found. The prior version 9 software has been removed via the Control Panel. I have attempted 6 uninstall and reboot processes and no success with installing the latest version on my workstation.

As a network administrator I find this very aggravating. I have used three different methods to remove any and all traces of your software (Windows Registry, jv16 Power Tools X, and Revo Uninstaller. I have searched your forums here extensively and already tried some suggestions here, but none of those have worked. This included uninstalling NET Framework 4.5.1, rebooting and reinstalling that software to no avail. I would still like to use this software but it seems nearly impossible at this point.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Install and Uninstall Issues

Post by VueSoft » Fri May 08, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi Rocker4Hire, welcome to the forums. I apologize for the frustration you're having with reinstalling VueMinder. It sounds like your Windows registry is corrupted. Microsoft created a tool to clean up these types of problems. It can be downloaded using the link below. You should be able to use this tool to uninstall the previous version of VueMinder so you can install the latest version. This won’t remove any of your calendar data.
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Progr ... _Uninstall

After uninstalling, use the link below to install the latest version of VueMinder Lite:
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx

I hope that helps. Please let me know if that doesn’t fix the problem or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Rocker4Hire

Post by Rocker4Hire » Mon May 11, 2015 2:32 pm

Unfortunately, your solution didn't work. Microsoft's "Fix It" application didn't find the VueMinder in the software listing. I went ahead and chose the "Not Found" option. The next section asked for a product code number (that would be enclosed with {} ). So I had to install version 9.0.1 on another workstation and then search the Windows Registry on that machine until I found what looked like a long product code. The Microsoft tool proceeded to fix it successfully. But when I ran the install process again with the latest version (11.2.8) I get the following error:

"The older version of VueMinder Lite cannot be removed."

Side Note: The product code number that I used from the other machine was found under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\253BCFB6D2044BA44A2F8190366021C8

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon May 11, 2015 10:37 pm

Hi Rocker4Hire, the FixIt tool usually solves these types of problems. Windows can be a real pain when the registry gets corrupted.

There's a portable USB version of VueMinder Lite which doesn't need to be installed. You just extract the zip file to wherever you want to run VueMinder from. This could be your local drive, network drive, cloud drive, USB stick, etc. Functionally, it's identical to the non-USB version you've been using. You can download VueMinder Lite USB using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMinderLiteUSB.zip

If you didn't delete your previous data, you can restore the data by clicking the "Restore Data" command on the File menu. Click the Browse button and then open the most recent backup file. The default location for backup files is "C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Local\VueSoft\VueMinder\Backup".

Note, VueMinder Lite USB is licensed for non-commercial use only. There are also USB versions of VueMinder Pro and Ultimate if you're using VueMinder for work.
http://www.vueminder.com/Buy.aspx
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Rocker4Hire

Post by Rocker4Hire » Tue May 12, 2015 1:35 pm

Thanks! I'll give that a try. And yes, I had all of the data copied elsewhere while troubleshooting.
I'm probably going to end up buying the Pro version for the extra features...especially the synching.