Possible Events tab bug?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
DL6024

Possible Events tab bug?

Post by DL6024 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:51 pm

With events listed on the 'Events' tab, if I click on the checkbox on the left side of the list to mark an event-- which I assume is supposed to mark the event as completed-- VueMinder also removes the event from its assigned category. I then have to open the event properties and re-assign it to the category I want it to be in.

Unless-- I'm not understanding what the checkbox at left side is supposed to do. Its function is not identified in the title bar at top of the list,

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Possible Events tab bug?

Post by VueSoft » Thu May 07, 2015 11:35 pm

Hi DL6024, the checkboxes are for marking events as completed. Marking an event as complete shouldn't reset the category. I've attempted to duplicate the problem, but I'm not able to get it to happen. I haven't had any other reports of this behavior either.

Are you using the latest version (11.2.8)? You can update by clicking the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu. Maybe updating will fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

DL6024

Post by DL6024 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:27 am

Yes I've been using 11.2.8 since it was first made available.

When this problem occurs, I have the date filter set to 'This month and the next.'

Also I have:

Color Events using Calendar Colors.
Color event sidebar using = Category Colors.

Also to be clear--

This occurs EVERY single time. It is not random or intermittent.

On the other hand, If I choose "Don't show sidebar" the problem NEVER occurs.

These are recurring events.

This issue occurs only to the specific occurrence marked as completed. It does not occur to the rest of series either before or after the one affected.

This occurs only in the Events tab by marking the checkbox. It does not occur in month view when marking completed via F12 for example.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri May 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi DL6024, thank you for the information. I've configured VueMinder using exactly the same settings you describe (on several computers), but for whatever reason I'm still unable to duplicate the problem.

Does this happen for all your recurring events, or is it isolated to the occurrences of a particular series? Have you tried creating a new recurring event for testing, to see if you get the same problem? If not, maybe you could fix the behavior by deleting the problematic recurring series and re-creating it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA