modify calendar view category

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
parker1

modify calendar view category

Post by parker1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi,

1.Is it possible to edit the menu ,that appears when you right click an event?

I would like to add there 3 or more categories that i use the most and remove options I don't use.
I would like to add categories directly to the first view after you right click not in the category section.

2.If it is possible, could I assign a keyboard short cut to my chosen categories ? I would like to click an event and press my chosen keyboard short cut to change a category.

Thank you,

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: modify calendar view category

Post by VueSoft » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:54 pm

Unfortunately, there's no mechanism to customize the right-click menus. However, you can create a custom toolbar and modify the keyboard shortcuts for the various menu or toolbar commands. See the documentation linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... smenu.html

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

parker1

Post by parker1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:28 pm

Thank for a quick reply. I can assign a new keyboard shortcut to almost anything ,and it works,but categories shortcuts don't work for me. Birthday shortcut is crtl+B . When I click an event and then press crtl+B nothing happens.

Any other custom shortcuts(new events,new tasks,notes) works fine.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:53 am

The menu commands under the "Assign to Category" sub-menu are dynamically generated, based on user-defined categories. This makes the commands a bit different from other menu commands, including how VueMinder "remembers" the user-assigned shortcut keys for the commands. Unfortunately, there isn't currently any way for keyboard shortcuts to work with the category menu commands.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA