recurring event error

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Bucksnort

recurring event error

Post by Bucksnort » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:55 pm

I have 1 event only in calandar recurring each month same day. At top of the window when I clik on the event it is yellow saying this event conflicts with other events. Is this a bug?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: recurring event error

Post by VueSoft » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi Bucksnort, welcome to the forums. Yes, it appears this is a bug. I'll fix this in the next release. In the meantime, you can disable this warning message by going to the calendar properties and unchecking the "Show a warning label in the Event Editor" checkbox. Thanks for letting me know!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Bucksnort

Post by Bucksnort » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks, Love the calendar.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:39 am

The problem with the conflicting event warning for recurring events has been corrected in version 5.5.0, which is available now.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

ymleong

Post by ymleong » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:20 am

Hi Dan

With the upgrade to 6.0.1 I now have a reschedule event error. I'm not sure whether this was already in previous version. After I rescheduled an event from 9/Dec to 16/Dec, the current event (16/dec) did not have an alert pop-up as I have set up. Previous event on 9/Dec was working fine. i checked that details by opening the event, pop up reminder was ticked as "Before Event Start 1 hour" and Play media was also ticked (this was the previous settings on the 9/Dec). The "alarm bell" sign over the event rectangle bubble was also missing. When I clicked Tools==> Recent Reminders, the event did not showed at all.

Do note that 9/dec the event had pop-up a reminder and was dismissed. Subsequently, I rescheduled this event to 16/Dec. Could this be coz event is already over and done with when I rescheduled?

I have included the screen captured for your analysis

BTW: I had 2 appts this mth, on 9/Dec and 16/Dec, thus I used reschedule instead of copy. If I used copy I;ll have to delete the 9/Dec after the copying. But any better suggestions? I can't use recurring/copying coz I wont know in advance the appt date for 2nd appt until 1st appt is completed (this is a dental appt, thus it has to be based on doctor's availability as well). When I had a few movie dates, I used copy cos I already knew the events in advance and the timings and places maybe different. Once old events are over, I deleted these from my calendar.

FYI, do note that you will see message "event is in the past" but this morning at 9.15am (when event was scheduled to start at 10am, the alarm did not pop-up. I did not clicked to suppress showing reminders for past events, so I shld see this as a past event.

Hope if this is a bug u can fix it, otherwise pls tell me what other settings could cause this?
Attachments
Reschedule Event has no pop up.zip
(37.87 KiB) Downloaded 388 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi, thanks for letting me know about the problem. I believe the reminder didn't appear because it was already dismissed for the event. Rescheduling an event won't reset the reminder, at least not in the current version. I'll work on improving this so the reminder for a rescheduled event will appear even if it was previously dismissed.

In the meantime, you can work around this by opening the previously dismissed event after it has been rescheduled. Uncheck the "Completed" box and any reminder action checkboxes. Click OK. Then, re-open the event and re-enable the reminder. This will basically reset the reminder status, so it will no longer be flagged as dismissed.

If that sounds too involved, you could also use the "Recent Reminders" command from the Tools menu. Locate the reminder for the event that was previously dismissed, and click the "Redisplay" button. You can then snooze the reminder for any length of time.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

ymleong

Post by ymleong » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:13 am

Hi Dan,

Could you look into this and test it at your server's end? I have a re-schedule event. After re-scheduling I noticed that the "bell" signal (which is reminder) is not shown (since this event has already occurred). Thus remembering your suggestion, I clicked on this event to unchecked the "completed" box. But it is not checked after the re-scheduling. I have to checked this box, then unchecked it for the reminder icon to "appear". Am I getting something wrong??

:?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi ymleong, there are a couple ways to re-enable the reminder after it has been dismissed:
  • You could select the reminder from the Recent Reminders window (accessed from the Tools menu) and click the "Redisplay" button. The reminder will reappear and can then be snoozed for whatever length of time you'd like.
  • You can also open the Event Editor, ensure the "Completed" box is unchecked, and toggle the reminder action checkbox (on the Actions tab) so it's not grayed out. This will effectively reset the reminder status. After closing the Event Editor you can inspect the Details Pane to confirm when the reminder will appear.
I hope that helps. Please let me know if it's still not clear.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

ymleong

Post by ymleong » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:09 am

Hi Dan,

Thks a million, the reschedule event works perferctly in 7.o.1. That is, even though the event was dismissed, upon rescheduled, it automatically enabled the alarm back.

Reminder Icon still showing after event completed
I have a recurring event that happens on 15th every mth. The alarm was set for all recurrences which was fine. This mth I set the May's event to "Completed" by right-clicking on "Completed" against that event. When I opened the event, the completed box was marked also. But I noticed that the Reminder (alarm bell icon) is still besides the event, even though the recurrence icon (that looks like a recycle sign) is marked with a slash (for completion). I have selected "Dont show reminders for completed events" on the reminders option, whilst I deselect "Automatically mark an event as completed when its reminder is dismissed".

Uhhh...So will this give me an reminder? How should I go abt it? (Pls refer to screen print of the calendar for 15/May's event)

Recurring event "disappear" after reminder is completed??
The previous completed recurring mth event has disappeared from my calendar. I'm not sure whether I did accidentally delete this event, I'll make sure not to delete anymore. But had anyone reported this as a bug?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:16 pm

The reminder icon will go away after the time passes when the reminder would have been processed, if the event hadn't already been marked as completed. If you hover the mouse over the event, it should say "Popup reminder won't be displayed because the event is completed". In case you're wondering, it's designed this way so if you change your mind and mark the event as not completed, you won't need to redo the reminder. It will appear when it was originally schedule to appear.

As for recurring events disappearing when marked completed, this was a bug in 7.0.1. It should be fixed in 7.0.2. Are you using the latest version? You can update by selecting the 'Check For Updates' command from the Help menu.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder