beginners question

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
gerloopmans

beginners question

Post by gerloopmans » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Hey Everyone,

I am trying Vueminder and I am having some issues.

This is what I want to do:

I have a calendar in a Outlook 2013 client.
I have a calendar in Google
I want these two to sync and where ever I enter an event to show up on all calendars.
I do not want to use Vueminder to add or remove events. only outlook, google, or mobile devices connected to google account

I have added both calendars to Vueminder and they both sync to Vueminder but how do I get them to sync with each other.
in the documentation I found online it seemed that one calendar could be synced with outlook and google but on my calendar I can only select one, OR google OR outlook.

any ideas are welcome
Thanks in advance

regard
Ger

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: beginners question

Post by VueSoft » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:32 pm

Hi Ger, welcome to the forums. The documentation is a bit out-of-date. It used to be possible to sync the same calendar with both Google Calendar and Outlook. However, this capability was removed because it sometimes didn't work properly. I'm planning to restore this feature in the next major release and will post a reply when it's completed.

In the meantime, there are other alternatives, such as getting an Exchange Online account (through Office 365) and configuring both VueMinder and Outlook to sync with Exchange Online. Most mobile phones can also sync with Exchange Online.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

gerloopmans

Post by gerloopmans » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:48 am

thanks for the quick response!

any idea when the next major release will be?

regards
Ger

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi Ger, I don't have an estimated completion date. I'm currently working on the next major release and I'm trying to complete it was quickly as I can. However, there are MANY improvements going into the release and it will take a while to finish.

A beta will be made available if you'd like an earlier look. The beta will be announced on the forums when it's ready.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA