Customizing Reminder Email Schedules

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
rmarpuzon

Customizing Reminder Email Schedules

Post by rmarpuzon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Hello,

Our workgroup is currently using VueMinder to send out automated reminder emails to some of our stakeholders.

We are currently using our company's SMTP email connection, so reminders are only being sent out whenever the user (with VueMinder on their work laptop) is physically at our work location. Since some of the reminder emails are scheduled to go out at different times (month before, weeks before, days before), there are obviously times wherein the user is not at work when the reminders are scheduled to go out (what if the "month before" setting lands on a saturday when a user is not at work?) , so what happens is that once the user gets back onto our work network, multiple reminder emails are being sent out all at once to some of our stakeholders since the laptop wasn't at our work location when it was originally scheduled to go out. There are about 500 tasks and 100 users that we send these reminder emails to, so you can imagine their annoyance whenever they receive multiple reminders all at once.

With all that said, is there a way to select "specific" dates for the reminders to go out? That way the user can select a "month before" setting, but can verify if the date doesn't land on a weekend?

It looks like we are limited to generic "x months before, x weeks before, x days before" selections. I am curious if there is an "advanced" type of setting we can play with?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Customizing Reminder Email Schedules

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:18 pm

Hi rmarpuzon, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, there isn’t currently any mechanism to specify an exact date/time for sending an email reminder. The reminders are scheduled as offsets from when events start or end. However, I’m planning to add this capability and will post a reply when it’s completed.

In the meantime, after scheduling a reminder and saving an event, you can look at the Details Pane to see the exact date and time the email reminder will be sent. If the date falls on a weekend, open the event and reschedule the reminder as needed. You can enter any value and you’re not limited to the choices in the drop-down list. Also, if you don’t see the day-of-week name in the Details Pane, you can change this via the “Date/time format” setting in the Calendar Options.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA