Event Tooltips Not Appearing

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
stormcat215

Event Tooltips Not Appearing

Post by stormcat215 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:40 pm

Hi again, Dan

I seem to have run into another problem. The event tooltips on the calendar are no longer showing up. I searched the forum and and saw that MobyUK mentioned the same problem in the topic 'Latest update'. But since MobyUK mentioned other problems that I don't have, I decided to start a new topic rather than add to that one. Like MobyUK stated, the 'Click to add new event' still pops up, as well as the tooltips on the navigation pane that show the events for each date. But the event descriptions in the main calendar window no longer appear. I followed all recommendations in the other topic, including toggling tooltips off and on (both in the 'View' menu and the 'Calendar Options'), changing the size of the tooltips (this works perfectly on the navigation pane), exiting the program and restarting, rebooting, and finally, uninstalling and reinstalling using the link you provided to MobyUK. Unfortunately, none of these things has worked. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan
Doug

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Event Tooltips Not Appearing

Post by VueSoft » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi Doug, can you clarify what you mean about the event descriptions not appearing in the main calendar view? Are you saying the descriptions don't show up in the tooltips, Details pane, or somewhere else?

If you're not seeing the descriptions in the Day or Week views, click the settings button in the upper-right corner (looks like a gear) and make sure the "Show Descriptions/Details" option has a checkmark.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

stormcat215

Post by stormcat215 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:55 am

Hi, Dan

In the Month view of the calendar, when I move the cursor over an event I no longer get a tooltip showing the description. The details and descriptions do still show in the 'Details' pane if I click the event. In the Day and Week views, the 'Show Descriptions/Details' option is checked, but I don't get any tooltips there either.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:11 am

Hi Doug, thanks for clarifying. There might be something wrong with the program settings file. Please try these steps:

1. On the Options menu, click “Program”.

2. Click the folder button on the right side of the “Data folder” field. This will open the data folder in Windows Explorer.

3. Right-click the VueMinder icon in the task tray and select “Exit”.

4. In the VueMinder data folder, delete the file named ProgramSettings.xml.

5. Restart VueMinder.

Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

stormcat215

Post by stormcat215 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:55 am

Hi, Dan

Thanks for the help. Yay! I have tooltips again. The thing is I don't know if your suggestion was the fix or not. This is what happened...I followed your advice to the letter, and when I restarted the program I got the wizard that helps you set things up. But when I finished with the wizard, I still had no tooltips even though this option was checked. So, I started toggling things again. I toggled tooltips off and closed the program through the task tray icon. Restarted and toggled tooltips on and set the size to huge. Exited. Restarted and still no tooltips. Toggled tooltips off. Restarted. Toggled tooltips on and set the size to small. Restarted. And Boom, tooltips were working! I can now change to any size and everything seems to be working perfectly. I'm pretty sure I had tried this exact procedure before with no luck, though I don't remember which sizes I selected. So I don't know if it was your fix and the toggling, or the sequence of sizes, or what that finally did the trick. In any case, I really appreciate your help. Thank you, Dan.

stormcat215

Post by stormcat215 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:04 am

It's me again. Darn it! Well it looks like I spoke too soon. The tooltips didn't survive a reboot. When I booted up the computer today, the tooltips were gone again. I've spent the last hour doing everything I did yesterday, but no amount of deleting files and toggling has brought them back. Really scratching my head over this one. Any other suggestions, Dan?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:49 pm

Sorry, I don't currently have any other ideas on why it's not working. In any case, I'll see if I can fix the problem in the next release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

stormcat215

Post by stormcat215 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:47 am

That's great to hear. Thank you, Dan!

twinsen2

Post by twinsen2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:13 am

Hi,

i just installed 11.2.8 and the tooltips are still not working here.

Kind regards,
U.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:22 pm

Please make sure the "Show Tooltips" command on the View menu has a checkmark.
Dan Chartrand, Founder