Subscribed Calendars adding Contacts

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
stormcat215

Subscribed Calendars adding Contacts

Post by stormcat215 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:50 am

Hi, Dan

I subscribe to a number of calendars in which contact information is provided in some of the events. For example, an event might say, "For more information, contact Sue Smith at ssmith@abc.com." There has never been a problem before. But I just checked my 'Contact's' tab and found that all of a sudden all of these contacts have been added there. I neither need nor want any of these contacts added to my contacts tab. If I remove them, the next time the calendar syncs they all show up again. I assume this happened with the latest update and was wondering if there was any way to prevent this.

Thank you, Dan.
Doug

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Subscribed Calendars adding Contacts

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi Doug, thank you for the feedback. The behavior you're seeing is intentional and is the result of a correction in the most recent version. In the previous version, the organizer and attendee contact information for some meeting requests was not being properly processed, resulting in the contact information on the Meeting Response window being blank and the response not being sent to the meeting organizer.

I'm guessing your subscribed calendar contains some meeting notices, which is where the contact information is coming from. I'll add an option to not include contact information when syncing the calendar and will let you know when this improvement is completed.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

stormcat215

Re: Subscribed Calendars adding Contacts

Post by stormcat215 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:55 am

Hi again, Dan

As always, I don't know which is more impressive, your great calendar or your fantastic service. The option you mention would be very much appreciated. I'll be looking forward to it.

Thanks again, Dan.
Doug