MySQL Server

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
jimindt

MySQL Server

Post by jimindt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:23 pm

I'm running Vueminder Pro.

After reading all of the how to set up a MySQL server database, I'm still a bit baffled. What I'm trying to accomplish is to set that database up on my Domain so that I can access the calendar from wherever I am when I travel.

I've gone in to my Domain and created a mySQL database.

The directions suggest that I would need to provide an IP address for the MySQL database I created on my domain. As far as I can tell there is no IP address for a database. There is an IP address for my Domain. Are they one and the same?

Jim

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: MySQL Server

Post by VueSoft » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi Jim, the IP address should be the IP address of the server where MySQL Server was installed. You might also need to ensure your server's router and firewall are configured to allow external access on port 3306.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

jimindt

Post by jimindt » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:37 am

The server is somewhere at 1and1.com. When I talked to them and asked for an IP address for the database, they said there isn't any. There is an IP address for my website/domain.

If I provide the website/ Domain's IP address is that what you mean?

Jim

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi Jim, thank you for the information. The IP address should be the same as your website's IP address. Do you already have MySQL Server installed on your web server, and do you have admin rights? If so, try entering the IP address in the Sharing Options of VueMinder. Also enter your MySQL username and password. Next, click the "Test Connection" button.

If your account has the necessary permissions and if the connection information is correct, then you should get a message stating VueMinder successfully connected. After clicking OK, VueMinder will add the necessary database and tables to the server.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA