IMPORTING FROM GOOGLE CALENDAR TO VUEMINDER

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
lon

IMPORTING FROM GOOGLE CALENDAR TO VUEMINDER

Post by lon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:27 pm

I am unable to import.

I had a seminar for which I signed up automatically added to Google calendar by the seminar host earlier today and want to import that to VueMinder.

I had this problem before some time ago, but I think I was 'navigated' thru it in this forum.

However, I can find no post I made about this previously, so I must be mistaken, but I know I got advice somehow tailored to my situation then directly from VueMinder.

I just have no record of it, and the problem has not recurred in the past few months - importing has been working - so now I am unsure what to do.

Thanks for any help!

Lon M. Johnson, Jr.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: IMPORTING FROM GOOGLE CALENDAR TO VUEMINDER

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi Lon, if you added your calendar to VueMinder using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu, then your calendar should automatically update to show the new event. This will happen within 30 seconds in the Pro and Ultimate versions, and 15 minutes in the Lite version.

If you added a subscription to the iCalendar feed, the calendar might only be configured to sync once per day. You can change how often it's configured to sync via the "Sync" tab of the Calendar Properties, accessed by double-clicking the calendar's name. You can also manually command the calendar to sync by right-clicking the calendar's name and selecting "Sync Calendar". That should force the missing event to appear.

If all else fails, you should be able to fix the problem by deleting the calendar from VueMinder and then re-adding it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

lon

Re: IMPORTING FROM GOOGLE CALENDAR TO VUEMINDER

Post by lon » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:37 pm

Thanks, Dan!

I tried all solutions you gave me, yet none imported the seminar added to my Google calendar earlier by the seminar host.

In 'pranking' with the Google calendar, I unintentionally somehow deleted the seminar entry, so I replaced it in the Google calendar manually myself.

After that, when I tried right-clicking the Google calendar name on VueMinder and selecting 'Sync Calendar', my manual Google calendar entry for the seminar appeared immediately in VueMinder.

Perhaps it had something to do with the Google calendar entry having been made by the seminar host automatically, something peculiar to that making it not sync on VueMinder.

In any event, the seminar is in Google and VueMinder calendars now.

I love my VueMinder calendar!

Thanks again so much!