Update protection code not being accepted?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
FreedomTaxed

Update protection code not being accepted?

Post by FreedomTaxed » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:45 am

I just bought VMU (thank you very much :mrgreen: ) but there seems to be a problem with entering the update protection code.

The code is a sequence like so:

AAAA-BBBB-CCCC

... but the "About VueMinder Ultimate" command only allows entry of:

AAAA-BBBB

Once I enter that partial code, I get no confirmation that it was accepted. :?:

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Update protection code not being accepted?

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi FreedomTaxed, welcome to the forums. Could you try rebooting and let me know if that doesn't fix the problem?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

FreedomTaxed

Post by FreedomTaxed » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:57 am

Thanks. A full reboot of the PC (Windows 7 Professional 64bit) didn't change the problem. I can still only type in AAAA-BBBB and then click OK.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:27 am

Hi FreedomTaxed, this has to be one of the strangest problems I've had reported in a while. Just when I think I've seen it all...

What happens when you paste the code using Ctrl+V? Does that work? If not, could you capture a screenshot of the window where you are attempting to enter the code, and send this screenshot to support@vueminder.com? Maybe that will provide me with some clues.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

FreedomTaxed

Post by FreedomTaxed » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:11 am

To do that, I'd have to go back to the activation email on the receptionist PC and "visit the following link in order to activate your account" again. Correct? Will that hurt anything to follow the activation link again?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi FreedomTaxed, I'm not sure I understand your question. You should have received your update protection code in an email titled "Your VueMinder Ultimate Update Protection Code". There's no activation link in the email. You might be thinking of something else. I've sent the email to you again.

Please open the email, highlight the code text, and press Ctrl+C to copy the code. Next, paste the code into the update protection box in the About window of VueMinder by clicking the box and pressing Ctrl+V.

If the email is on a different computer, you can forward the email to yourself and open it on your own computer in order to copy and paste the code.

If you still can't get it to work, please send me an email at support@vueminder.com with a screenshot of the window where the code isn't being accepted. My guess is that you're attempting to enter the code in a different program (not VueMinder) or the wrong code is being entered.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

FreedomTaxed

Post by FreedomTaxed » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:39 pm

That worked. I don't know why, but the cut-n-paste worked and now I've the update protection enabled. Thanks, Mr.C.