Desktop memory

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
SimonH

Desktop memory

Post by SimonH » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:05 am

I have the (full) desktop viewer showing my task list and what I am actually interested in is those tasks that need attention: essentially the not started and progressing ones. So I collapse the waiting and completed sections - I would prefer that I could remove those entirely from the desktop viewer, but collapsed is OK if I can't.

My problem is that on next start all the sections are expanded again, so my attention is drawn to stuff that has been and gone, or that I can't do anything about. It is the work of a few moments to again collapse the sections, but it gets to be tedious and annoying.

Shouldn't the desktop viewer remember how I set these? If not, could it be made to, please?

And... where does VueMinder store the layout settings? My partner came to take a look and I demoed this and that for her, then found that I couldn't get the windows (sizes, arrangements,etc) back to exactly how I'd spent ages setting them up. I want some way of backing up the arrangement so I can feel free to experiment, knowing that what I am doing doesn't have to be permanent. As it is, not VueMinder is as I like it I am a bit afraid to touch anything in case there is no way back...

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Desktop memory

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:59 am

Hi Simon, thank you for the feedback. I'll improve the task list to remember the expanded/collapsed state and will post a reply when this improvement is completed.

Regarding the window layout, if you're referring to the main window you can save the current layout by using the Window menu. You can even have several layouts defined and toggled between the layouts by using keyboard shortcuts. See the documentation linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... wmenu.html

The layout of the Desktop Calendar is stored in the file named "DockingDesktop.xml", which is located in the data folder specified in the Program Options.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

SimonH

Re: Desktop memory

Post by SimonH » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:08 am

Thanks for the comprehensive info, Dan.

The save/load layout saves (and loads!) the layout only. That is, it saves that a certain pane is to the right of another pane, etc, but doesn't save the window size. This is important since the size of my main window determines how many months are in view in the navigation pane: there are two, currently, but if the main window size changes that becomes one or three, and the amount of info visible to the details pane, etc, changes.

Despite these quibbles I keep posting, VueMinder is a great app :)